Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just on CCI website and the have 50 round boxes of 22 if you are really needing some. Its Like $4.99 and $5.99 a box and 10 box limit. Go to CCI site and click onto the bar line object and the click onto CCI Rimfire.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Just checked at midnight, they only have the quiet version. They are 710 fps. I bought 4 bricks of them to shoot suppressed and still have some after about 4 years because they have limited use. They are fine for very close range targets or shooting rats or snakes or something very close.. But if you shoot them out of a handgun, they are really slow and not much good for shooting more than 30-40 yards due to trajectory. In a rifle a regular 22 long rifle sighted at 50 yards will drop about 5.5 inches at 100 yards, These CCI Quiet, will drop 17 inches. A regular 22lr will have about 95 foot pounds and the Quiet only about 38 at 100 yards. Just saying if you buy them just be aware, you are probably better off just buying 22 short as opposed to these. For short range targets they are fine. They will not cycle the action on many semi autos. FWIW.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I use the Quiet to shoot in my rural back yard out of my bolt action .22
But alas I'm tapped out already so I'll wait.
Not worth it just for a box or two.
I'd rather order the limit but can't after picking up my pistol the other day.

·
Premium Member
9,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use the Quiet to shoot in my rural back yard out of my bolt action .22
But alas I'm tapped out already so I'll wait.
Not worth it just for a box or two.
I'd rather order the limit but can't after picking up my pistol the other day.
Just keep an eye out when you get some spare funds. CCI will sell out and after a few weeks they all of sudden are back in stock. I believe they are constantly filling contractual obligations and then they sell extra inventory online. Maybe one day it will get back to normal with the ammo shortage and they will have all in inventory as they used to.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
So how quiet are they?

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Well for giggles bought 4 boxes......pop em through my Winchester mdl 250 lever action.

·
Premium Member
9,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well for giggles bought 4 boxes......pop em through my Winchester mdl 250 lever action.
I am wondering how you like the Winchester M250? Reason is my neighbor has been wanting me to swap his for an old Mossberg 500 shotgun I have with both barrels.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Cool little rifle......I paid $109 for mine about 2 yrs ago.....saw one just like it go for $300 on GunBroker.....all I did was put a 4x32 scope on it.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
So how quiet are they?
They aren't the Aguila Calibri line but they won't get the cops called to your house if there's a little road noise in the neighborhood. They crack pretty good out of a pistol and might still draw some unwanted attention.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts