close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Justice Dept. Missing Hundreds Of Guns, Laptops

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

This to me is so funny that I want to go on a denis miller tirade....feel free to skip my rantings.... Seems to me that the anti-gun types will tell you criminals buy there guns at gun shows and that a waiting period and background checks keep guns out of the hands of criminals....now being criminals Im sure they would never think to say STEAL GUNS....naw and if they did steal firearms then that would be more rason only the goverment should have them so that they wont get stolen.....Not the artical dont mention what type of stuff is "missing" but Im willing to bet a 6pack that were not talking about a Jennings or Raven 25acp here...probly not any C&R stuff in the mix as well....wana bet the are missing some "class 3" type of toys...defitnaly some hi-capcity magazine holding stuff at the minimum...Now when I got my FFL 03 (C&R) I got a ton of paperwork saying I had to keep abound book..inventory..ect of firearms purchased under the C&R lic. under penlty of BATF kicking in my door and takeing away my TAPCO catalog.....seems that maybe BATF needs to be raiding the FBI and NIS HQ and cofenscating their firearms until they can comply with the Federal law (I'd love to see that happen....a WACO style raid of the FBI HQ....Id leave work to go watch)....I dont own any class 3 stuff but I have a feeling that if one of us reported "loseing" a class 3 firearm that the world as we know it would become very unplesent.
    I wont even go into the missing laptops with "Classafied material" on them....

Fianly I prepose a new bumper sticker.......
    When Guns are outlawed only people who steal from the goverment will have guns.

Justice Dept. Missing Hundreds Of Guns, Laptops
    Inspector General Finds Inventory Not Done
    Posted: 1:46 p.m. EDT August 5, 2002

WASHINGTON -- The Justice Department is missing some weapons and computers.

A new report says five agencies under Justice Department jurisdiction have reported 775 missing or stolen weapons and 400 missing laptop computers.

The bulk of the missing weapons belonged to the FBI and the Immigration and Naturalization Service. It's believed that some of the weapons have been used to commit crimes.

The report also says it's possible that the missing computers contain sensitive information on national security or law enforcement matters.

The report comes from the Justice Department's Office of Inspector General.

The inspector general says before last year, the FBI had not taken a complete inventory of laptops and weapons in almost a decade. Agency policy requires an inventory every two years.

Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    :assult:

2. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

And a number of those missing guns were used to commit crimes!!! How about that!! One was used for an armed robbery in Philly.

Oh how they want to keep tabs on all of us and tell us how to live and what to believe - well maybe that won't be so bad. If they can't keep track of their guns, do ya think they can keep track of us?

I still love that lovely quote from some jack-hole senator - "When you federalize, you professionalize"!

What an idiot!

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

It was Daschle who said "In order to professionalize you need to federalize" in the debate over airport security after September 11...I saw a bumper sticker that said "If government is the answer it was a stupid question" and another that said "The government fixes it until it's broke"

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

oops I remember it was actually "if it isn't broke fix it until it is"

5. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Yes, logansdad, I believe that's their policy. That's what happens when someone messes around with something they don't know anything about.

6. Love the bumper sticker, gonna have to remember that one. :nod: