Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (and gals), I/m new to this forum. I've come across a Ka-Kale 1945 8mm bolt action and am curious as if thius is classified as a 98k? I've searched for the term K Kale and Ka-Kale and not received much in satisfaction. Is the Ka-Kale a good version of the 98k? I can buy the weapon for $150.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Here's a little bit of info. turkmain
K.Kale's are one of the better Turk's as far as quality goes. I've seen 1903's 03/38's and 1938's that had recieved improper heat treat and tended to be soft, have yet to hear of a K.K being soft. If you do buy, Please, have a competent gunsmith check the headspace and function of the rifle for safety reasons prior to firing it.

Google Turkish Mausers to find more info.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Can't help you with your question but would still like to welcome you to the site.

·
I can justify anything.
4,879 Posts
Turk Mauser - Model of 1938

I've got a 43' K. Kale and it's a great shooting rifle. Southern Ohio Gun had them on sale a couple years ago for $52 each if you bought 3 (of course I did), but I picked the best of the three and sold the other two in order to buy other rifles for my collection. I should have kept all three of them, though..:34:

They're much longer than a K98 Mauser..

They have a V notch for a rear site, with the opposite for the front sight, which seems to be easier to be accurate with for me.. They're also pretty heavy, so they don't come back very hard when shooting, and they'll build up your left forearm in a hurry.:09:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ka-Kale

Thanks to all for the info and the greetings. I better understand the Turkish Mauser and believe I'll wait to purchase a 98k. Presently I own a 1891 Mauser carbine in 7.65 and what I thought was a 1895 Mauser Short rifle but turns out to be a 1916 Mauser Rifle cut down to the 1916 Short Rifle in 7mm. Thanks to reading on the internet I was able to distinguish the charastics. You're are a great group.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts