"ka bar" whos got em?

Discussion in 'Knives/Cutlery' started by Spooky.45, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Spooky.45

Spooky.45 G&G Newbie

just curious to see who all has a kabar out there, ive got a full size usmc serrated edge and a becker campanion

2. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

This is mine...

Attached Files:

3. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    I have 7 WW II and Korea eras.
    One is an orginal that had the screw-on pommel...repaired of course...not many made it without getting busted up.

4. wcassidy

wcassidy G&G Newbie

Got my grandfathers USN issue. Never met him but he took good care of it.

5. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Got numerous ones.
    Including both Navy & Air Force ones.
    (yes, they actually issued knives to some Air Force personnel) LOL

Some folks, my disagree.
    But I think the K-Bar are great knives!

6. I've had mine since the fall of 1980. Just sits on a shelf these days.

7. I have one of the USMC ones, My sis bought it for me as my Boot Camp graduation present.

8. ottawa rogue

ottawa rogue G&G Evangelist

i've got one from 1967, it's a us air force pilot's survival knife.
    it's my go to hunting knife.
    although it's actually a camillus, not a ka-bar

9. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    +1!

10. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

I have 3. a totally un marked one that was issued to my father by the Navy in WWII. the other 2 were given to me by friends who served in Viet Nam. both of those are marked USN MK II on the cross guard. one of those also has KA BAR on it. I think the ones without KA BAR stamped on them must be Camillus made. they are excellent general purpose knives.

11. Martin Rage

Martin Rage G&G Enthusiast

I have my USMC one that my friend bought for me after bootcamp. I really like the knife. Use it for a hunting knife as well. I think they are very very good survival knives. They are strong, hold an edge well, and are good fighting knifes.

12. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

I have a full sized KABAR with the serrated edge. It is the best knife I have ever owned!

13. Tha Dave

Tha Dave G&G Evangelist

I have one that my dad gave me before my first deployment, I have dug up IEDs, probed 2 mine fields with it and opened more MREs than I care to count. The finish isn't as nice as it once was but the only way I'll ever give that knife up is when I die I will leave it to my son. They really are awsome knives and well worth the weight in anyones work/hunting kit.

14. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

I have a large USMC Ka-Bar, which is my favorite "all around" knife for carrying while camping or hunting, and I have a Ka-Bar Warthog folding pocket knife, which is what I usually carry at work and around town running errands. I do not have a negative thing to say about either of them, both are very well made, and hold an edge very well, what more could you want out of a knife?

15. DKA1

DKA1 G&G Newbie

Have 2 Ka Bar Knives. One Folding Hunter, 2 Blade with Stag Handles Nd one Fixed Blade Hunting Knife with Sheath.

16. 99z28monster

99z28monster G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I just have a 8inch good ole K bar. I bought it before I deployed to Iraq. Ditched the leather sheath with army stamped on it though.

17. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

I take two hunting knives with me when hiking/camping. Ka-Bar for utility use and a Buck Nighthawk just in case I run in to and pesky kritters (Two or four legged).

Ka-Bar is a superb field knife.

18. I've had several. People keep stealing them. I have one now that I keep hidden.

19. I've got a couple, including the hunting model they made.

20. Smaug

Smaug G&G Newbie

I have one. Great knife, holds a spectacular edge. It's nice to have something made in AMERICA, not some garbage butter-steel crap cranked out of a chi-com factory.
    I use mine for everything - it's really one of the only good high quality knifes I have. Picked it up off my little brother when he was short of cash one week. 30 bucks, and one of my better bargains, if I may say so!