Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,202 Posts
Why do I have the feeling that revolver would shoot better if it was Mag-Na-Ported?

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
I expected it to be big and heavy.

Reactions: Dutch and noelekal

·
Registered
19,599 Posts
A nice novelty or a maybe a combo pistol/flash bang device?:confused::D

I mean how much muzzle flash even with trap door Springfield rated loads?:rolleyes:
Heck, those loads tend to have that smokier slower burning powder. Out of a carbine they make a fireball that could almost hang with an M44. I bet out of a revolver it would look like a road flare every time you shoot.

It's cool that people are doing things like this, but it isn't exactly useful.

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Heck, those loads tend to have that smokier slower burning powder. Out of a carbine they make a fireball that could almost hang with an M44. I bet out of a revolver it would look like a road flare every time you shoot.

It's cool that people are doing things like this, but it isn't exactly useful.

May even want to wear Nomex clothes and gloves:D

·
Registered
11,104 Posts
now you guys are just being silly.

I have some suggestions for what they should have done.
using the full length 45-70 case isn't one of them.

but a 405gr. bullet on top of like 10grs. of Unique is actually rather pleasant in a revolver, and it carries a lot more down range punch than you'd think.

BUT.
had they cut the case back, shortened that cylinder and put the length into the barrel.
then they'd be onto something cool and could introduce a new round with their space gun.

or just made it in something like the 480 Ruger.

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
now you guys are just being silly.

I have some suggestions for what they should have done.
using the full length 45-70 case isn't one of them.

but a 405gr. bullet on top of like 10grs. of Unique is actually rather pleasant in a revolver, and it carries a lot more down range punch than you'd think.

BUT.
had they cut the case back, shortened that cylinder and put the length into the barrel.
then they'd be onto something cool and could introduce a new round with their space gun.

or just made it in something like the 480 Ruger.
I'd love a nice well balanced single action in either a round like that or a .480 or at least a .454Casull and Bowen type rear sight. A nice bisley grip and a six round cylinder with enough length for heavy custom/hand loaded bullet weights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts