Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a handgun to carry with my permit to carry. I have narrowed it down to two guns. The Kahr CW40 and the Taurus Millennium Pro PT140 .40 S&W. I like both. Does anybody have any opinions either way on these guns?

·
Wonderment :)
34,720 Posts
DrewNmn: Sir; Kahr. solid built unit.
shooting buddy has one; I shoot it from time to time.
feels good and solid.

Craig

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Theres been a lot of reports against the quality of Taurus pistol so I would consider another brand. I use to like them and still do but due to the bad press I want buy one now...A.H

·
Registered
978 Posts
Taurus quality has been a hotly debated and sometimes emotional subject on this site. I was considering a Taurus and went to handgunreview.com. The complaints really caught my eye. I asked a couple of dealers in my area, and they said that they will not carry Taurus handguns because of the lack of quality. For these reasons, I will not buy a Taurus.

Some members on this site really love their Taurus handguns. Others report quality issues. One member is a gunsmith and he reports that they are crap. That's enough for me.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Don't get the Millennium. Heard bad things about that one. Heard alot of good about the Kahr. The size of either in the larger Calibers will make it alittle harder to shoot but nothing that can't be fixed with practice. Kahr makes the PM45. It would be my choice. I am not saying that Taurus doesn't make a good gun just not a compact that I know of. My friend has a PT92 AFS. He loves it. I liked it too. Nice gun but full size. I personally own a Ruger P89 9mm. It's nice but once again not all that small but I know 2 guys that use them as their there CCW.

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
My son has a PT-140 that has been great so far, the only time he's ever had a problem was when he got his supporting hand in the way of the slide. Needless to say, it stove-piped and cut a real nice groove in his hand but it had nothing to do with the gun itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts