Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kel-Tec has developed a very interesting product line. I have the P3AT and love it. Some hate it. What do you guys think? I am also interested with any experiences you have with their rifles?

:hmmm: :hmmm:

:uzi:

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,025 Posts
I'm not a great fan of Kel-Tec, and have handled a few of their guns.
A friend has the compact 9mm pistol, and let me put it thru it's paces. Not a bad "carry piece". Light, accurate and worked okay in my big hands, though my pinly finger was left hanging. 100% reliable. My only real gripe was the very stiff trigger - but then, in a high-energy situation, I'd have no problem using it. You don't want a very light trigger when the crap hits the fan.

The Sub2000 carbine was much less than I'd hoped for. Since it's designed to fold, it's difficult to attach a scope or optical sight - which it direly needs, given the utterly horrid, virtually useless "sights" on it. At close range, point-shooting, it may be of use. My buddy's Sub2000 uses the plastic Glrock magazines - they can be hard to load the last couple rounds in. He should've gotten it with the magwell to use Beretta mags - he has a Taurus and the weapon could be tweaked to use the Taurus mags easily.
The "stock" was way too short - I'm 6'4" with the arms of a Greyback Gorilla - and I could barely operate the contraption. Even my buddy, being a short little guy, admitted it was short for him too.
With that being said, he could shoot some fairly good groups with it at 50 yards. It seemed very reliable too - never balked with UMC, Winchester or his hand-loads.
Some folks like the SUB2000, but it just wasn't good for me.

I haven't seen or handled the new .223 folding rifle yet, though I'd like to.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Big Dog" Thanks for the info. I looked at the Sub 2000 a few times and I agree with you. It just don't fit! I am about 6'2" so I had similar problems. The new .223 (can't remember the name) looks interesting. If anyone has shoot one of those, I would love to hear about it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have both the P32 and the P3AT.
The P32, I trust in the hands of my lovely wife for defensive carry.
The P3AT had problems with the assembly pin that hopefully, the new pin upgrade will solve. I have not had a chance to test it since Kel-Tec sent it to me!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a P3AT and love it. It is the easiest gun I have found to carry that will still stop the bad guys. What kind of problem did you experiece with the assembly pin?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts