Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking for a 40 carbine. Have looked locally for a Hipoint 40 but to no avail for 3 months or more.

I saw a reference to the keltek and thought it might make a good substitute and maybe better.

When you fold them over the barrell is open for easy cleaning. They come with a various magazines to match your handgun. I want one with the Glock magazine.

Has anyone shot one.

No interest in a 500-600 Beretta... to much mula.
ouch

found one for 330 delivered.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I've been interested in one to match up to my G27 and I have the 15 rd G22 mags (as extras) that fit that model.

I just haven't had the money for it and when I do, there's always been something I want more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep , Ive got one :) I have the .40S&W (glock 22 mags) version. It's also got the fairly rare factory matte chrome finish on the barrel and stock. If you've got any questions about it let me know. I put the folding foregrip on it, partially for control and also to stick with the whole folding theme. Overall I like the gun. A couple negative things.. the standard stock is a little sharp on the shoulder, and tends to leave me some bruises , even in the somewhat low caliber oddly. The other issue is that it deforms brass pretty badly for some reason or other. Not great if you want to reload it.

Believe it or not I got this one barely used for $250 shipped I think it was from a THR member.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,307 Posts
A buddy has the 9mm Sub2000. We came to the conclusion it's a total POS.
Stock length far too short - and he's a very short guy!
Plastic sights that break when trying to adjust them!
The High-capacity Glock magazines are a real bear to load to full capacity.
Installing any optics negates the horrid little abomination's only redeeming feature - the ability to fold.
The cocking knob is in a very bad place.

On the other hand, it is reliable, and shot any ammo we put through it.
As a "pack & forget" truckgun, it may serve. Otherwise - "Friends don't let friends own Kel-Tecs!" :eek:wned2:

My buddy got the .40 Hi-Point Carbine and loves it! He shoots it far more often.

I have NEVER met a Kel-Tec - pistol or long gun - that I would trust my life to.

This is my own opinion, from direct experience - YMMV!

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
I've been interested in one to match up to my G27 and I have the 15 rd G22 mags (as extras) that fit that model.
I just haven't had the money for it and when I do, there's always been something I want more.
It sounds like Hi-Point owns the low budget arena!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have the 40 and as said earlier its not the prettiest gun out there but it does function flawlessly, once I got it sighted in it was fine, fun to shoot, but nothing to trust ones life to. But as a general plinker not bad, just wish it would take xd mags instead of the glock, since my other 40 is in an xd.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Springfield, Beretta or Glock

My understanding is that they make them either Springfield, Beretta or Glock. I wanted to match things up.

I have the 40 and as said earlier its not the prettiest gun out there but it does function flawlessly, once I got it sighted in it was fine, fun to shoot, but nothing to trust ones life to. But as a general plinker not bad, just wish it would take xd mags instead of the glock, since my other 40 is in an xd.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My understanding is that they make them either Springfield, Beretta or Glock. I wanted to match things up.
No springfield version. Right from the keltec site : 9mm versions are Glock 17, Glock 19, S&W 59, Beretta 92, SIG 226 : .40 versions are Glock 22, S&W 4006, Beretta 96, SIG 226

Does the Hi-Point now take double column mags?
Hi point doesn't take mags from other firearms

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine shoots well.

It uses G22 mags.

It is everybit as cheap looking as my Hipoint carbine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which ammo for my Sub 2000

I love a lot of things about my my Subbie, the size, how it folds in half, weight, can match your favorite pistol's magazines, BUT, I keep reading around that this persons and thats persons subbie has gobbled all ammo its been given. Mine (9mm SW59 version) eats up only most. Ok so far: federals, winchester, blackhills. magtech. The terrible: pmc, remington. I first thought that my subbie only like flattip or hollowpoint, that was until I tried the winchester regular ball type which it went through without fail.

Does anyone have any similar experience with ammo? or suggestions about an absolute reliable ammo type weight ETC for their subbie, only
when my setup is reliable will I trust this weapon. Thanks Y'all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts