close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Keymod vs. M-Lok

Discussion in 'AR15' started by thrillbilly, Mar 16, 2017.

Who runs what?

Poll closed May 4, 2017.
  1. Keymod

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Mlok

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Nobody needs all that crap on ARs

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. Either\Or

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Regardless of keymod, guards, mlok, or quad....The most important accessory is spraypaint.

Screenshot_2017-03-20-10-02-31-1.png

2. In my local area, magpul is the only quality brand that shops might have. Otherwise it's all mostly airsoft junk.

Seems like that around here, guys buy 600-1200 dollar ARs, then slap an unmarked china buis on them. And of course the always popular 30$ Walmart reddot optics (or the biggest scope they can find for under 100$ on China mounts).

I do 95% of my shopping online for anything besides hunting guns.

Palladin8 likes this.

3. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

Here in Vegas it seems we have more gun stores that carry more modern sporting rifles and parts then the traditional type hunting rifles and handguns. Lets face it though there really isn't much in the way of aftermarket parts for a traditional hunting or target type rifle vs. a modern sporting rifle. Aside from an aftermarket stock, rings, bases, trigger, slings, and scopes there isn't much needed on a hunting type rifle. Now for the MSRs there seems to be a gadget for every day of the week, holiday, and special occasion.
    I'm not saying that it's wrong. It's actually really cool to have all the options. You can tailor your rifle/handgun to your specific needs. If your needs change you don't need to go out and buy a new rifle since a few parts will modify it in short order.

TXplt likes this.
  4. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I have 'all of the above.' The MLoc seems lighter and more compact to me; the keymod more 'universal.' I guess it's a tradeoff. I like the slimmer better fitting equipment, but on the other hand I have to buy rail sections (which aren't all that expensive but are an additional cost and a little bit of a hassle in that most of the stores here don't have them reliably in stock so I have to get them on line--and I ALWAYS wind up with exactly one less rail section than I need lol). My AR's don't have a lot of stuff hanging from them (optic, light, sling mount, handle which which I find very useful using sometimes as a handle but often as a handrest index, sometimes an additional rail or larger rail section for the forward sling mount and a sometimes bipod that goes on the same rail forward of the sling mount) so I guess the keymod/Mloc is a better concept for me.

Both Magpul and BCM make quality stuff IMHO so it's kind of like Ford and Chevy to me -- some people like Mustangs; some like Cameros.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    thrillbilly and TACAV like this.

5. Some people like Camaros, the other people are heathens.

(Actually I prefer Chevelles, but I'm a Chevy man regardless)

TXplt likes this.