Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I put a deposit on a Kimber ll stainless Target in .38 Super. I looked at several different model Kimbers but after closely examining the fit and finish of the Kimber I had to have it. I'm not at all familar with the caliber but after reading whatever info I could find on ballistics I think it will be a winner. I love my Kimber Ultra Carry ll and if the .38 shoots as well as the .45 I will be a happy camper.

Any comments on the .38 Super will be appreciated. I'm going to trade a couple of pistols I never shoot in on the new gun:feedback:

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,182 Posts
The .38 super is nice. I believe I read somewhere that it was very popular in Mexico (for those who were allowed to have guns, due to a restriction on .45 cal.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
When they first came out they headspaced on a semi rimmed extractor that wasnt big enough and caused ignition problems leading to inaccuracy.In the 1980,s the barrel co,s made the barrels so they headspaced on the mouth,curing the ignition problem and the inacuracy problem too.Great cartridge. sam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts