Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of a problem with Kimber pistols firing 'out of battery'?

forgive me if this is a duplicate post as I'm not sure the first one took.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,223 Posts
I've never heard of any problems with Kimbers...still gotta get one someday. Got a Springfield V-12 ported instead.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Originally posted by Over and Out
Has anyone ever heard of a problem with Kimber pistols firing 'out of battery'?

forgive me if this is a duplicate post as I'm not sure the first one took.
how's about some more details, the gun the ammo etc.:confused:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I've never heard of this and have never had any problems with my sample. That being said anything is possiable.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I have never had that happen with my Kimber, but if it did I sure would be pulling out the needle nose pliers to remove the busted case from the pipe.

I know Glock can do this if it doesn't fully return to battery. The results are not good.

Did this happen to you with your 1911?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was at a show speaking with a representative that reloads ammunition. We started talking about target pistols and I mentioned that i had a Kimber. He proceeded to tell me about some of the Kimber's having this 'out of battery' condition. He mentioned something to the effect that Kimber has it's barrels imported or they are made by someone else (I'm not sure). He told me how to look for the problem. I did so, and the pistol appears to be functioning normally. Apparently this could be a very dangerous situation as a rupture of the casing would cause the magazine to be blown out the bottom of the pistol as will as the handgrips be blown off.

I had never heard of this happening to a Kimber so i just thought i'd check with you all.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
HMMMMMMMMM

maybe he is CHA me thinks that maybe Kimbers don't like his reloads, so blame the gun rather than his product.

·
Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17
2,041 Posts
The earlier Kimbers were GREAT bargains. You got a whole lot of pistol for your $. I will NEVER AGAIN own a Kimber Series II. The Swartz firing pin safety is PURE JUNK!!! Kimber's customer support is lousy. You couldn't give me one of their Series II pistols.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Mine was made in Clackamus, OR...........I know that they are know made in Yonkers, NY. Are the old one's higher quality?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts