Gun and Game Forum banner

Kimber Ultra carry....What's up?

6K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  DennisE 
#1 ·
Just got my first Kimber...Aegis Ultra Carry 2. I'm fairly new to hangunning, now here is the question.....why is there so much negative talk about Kimbers? So far I have around 600 rounds through it and no failures. The only beef I have with this pistol is that the safety is not ambedixtrious ( which I will have swapped out in the neqar future as I:feedback: am a southpaw) This pistol is EXTREMELYACCURATE and based upon the 1911 platform shoots like a dream. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
RED ... Congrats on the new roscoe! Thats great handgun you got there. I don't know about any negative coments about Kimber.... I'm still new to these forums. But I've shot several Kimbers and have loved them all. From one lefty to another again ...congrats and enjoy.

#9 ·
Thanks Guys, I am now up to approx 950 rounds and no failures. To GAk906....What is a Roscoe? ( Once again....I'm new to handguns) I am now thinking about trading in a couple of handguns for another kimber 5" inch barrel.....any suggestions would be apppreciated. Thanks!

#10 ·
I had the opportunity to shoot a kimber .45 at the range the other day. I'm a "newbie" and my gun is a 9 mm, so I wasn't expecting to shoot well with it. To my surprise every round hit w/in 1-2" of dead center! I was very impressed. Low recoil, too! Think when I'm ready for another semi-auto handgun, it will be a Kimber .45. (That's gonna be awhile though... my list is too long already)

#14 ·
Kimber

I have had absolutely no problems with my Kimber; an Eclipse Pro II. I consider it the finest semi-auto pistol I have ever owned. I recommend Kimber highly. I plan to have at least one more in the future.

I would not be too concerned about what you read in forums about various weapons. There are a lot of hobbyists out there who know little about fireams, and create their own problems. I just listen to the overall tenor of the posts. If something is really amiss with a brand or model, one will see a great many specific posts about that. I put little confidence in general carping. Very often there is something behind the problem that is not the manufacturer; especially with a high end brand like Kimber, that produces pistols for law enforecement specialities and the military.

Enjoy your Kimber, as I am doing. Good luck!

#16 ·
I have had my full size Kimber CDP since Nov 2004 and had a few F.T.E. issues below the 500 mark but that was about it.
I did change over to Wilson mags and love those. I even have some of the 10 round mags as I use those at the range.
I think some people get upset below the 500 mark when they have those failures and don't read the manual that comes with there gun. The 500 break in period is very important to the weapon for the break in as these weapons are made so tightly with there tolerances. I believe that cars need a break in period as well.
Shoot your Kimber and enjoy it !!! Dennis @ Kimber has always taken good care of me through advice and constantly telling me to read the manual.

#17 ·
Redseal,
I COMPLETLY agree with Teuthis, If you check the forums, you will see a great deal of "hating" on any number of Brands (Taurus anyone?). Just keep in mind that any credible instructor will tell you to try different Mags AND ammo in your Semi-auto to see what works best. Also, Guns are like any purchase product customer service and support will sometimes make all the difference in the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.