Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here own a kimber warrior or desert warrior? Anyone shot one? I am looking into buying one, I got to hold one a couple weeks back and i have small hands and i never felt a more comfortable handgun

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
My buddy has one and loves it. My other buddy has three Kimbers and loves em all. I currently have a Sig GSR, 1911, but have owned a couple Kimbers. They are good pistols - I really like the desert warrior, but for one thing. I wish they had checkered the front strap of the grip. I don't know why they left that smooth! Otherwise, it is a great pistol.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I really like the Sig GSR 1911 (.45 ACP) that I have now! The Kimbers's are good too.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I have seen the skateboard tape before - that works pretty good. I just don't think you should have to stick tape on a $1,000 plus pistol! Sorry, if I confused you guys - I actually traded my Kimber to my buddy for the Sig GSR. I shot the SIG better and he shot the Kimber better - seemed like a good swap. The Sig has lines cut into the grip like the Kimber should have. They make a small metal piece that fits under the grips and wraps around the front of the grip to add griping there- I have not seen one installed yet though.

The USP's are fine pistols. I have owned a couple. I currently use 1911's for .45 acp and Glocks for 9mm and .40 S&W. Just my opinion - everyone likes different stuff. Be sure to check out the Para Ordnance LDA's. They are a little different version of the 1911. The are a double action 1911. I swap back and forth between a Glock 27 and a Para CCO for CCW. I have tried to pick either 1911's or Glocks in the past - I can't do it. I think i have about decided that each has there place and I can keep both. I just wish the grip angles were the same!! :)

Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts