close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kit Gun

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, May 14, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:) I like the 3 inch J Frame Airlite revolver from Smith & Wesson...Right now my kit gun is a 9 shooter from Taurus in .22lr...but I'm saving my pennies:nod: :target: Everyone ought to have a kit gun...What would you choose.:rolleyes::eek: :rolleyes:

2. GaryG

GaryG G&G Newbie

I know a lot of shooters favor a revolver for a kit gun, but where I live there's no snakes to worry about, so no need for me to ever use shot cartridges.

I don't want to pay a lot for a kit gun that gets carried out in the weather. Several years ago I picked up an old Star Model F pistol, .22 auto with a 4" barrel. It's bigger than a Beretta and smaller than a Ruger and makes a fine kit gun. Fixed sights, but accurate and very reliable. Cost me a third of the price of a Smith .22 revolver.

3. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

the rattlesnakes are polite enough to rattle...moccassins try to come after you (in groups if they can)...they've even tried to get in the boat with me while I'm fishing...I really like Smith & Wesson's model 317 Kit Gun...8 round .22lr revolver...3 inch barrel..