close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kitten rescued from spring...no water!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by PAPA G, Nov 12, 2017.

1. This is why I'm involved or affiliated with so many dog rescues across the country. If I find a purebred (or purebred looking enough) dog listed in one of the 5 shelters I'm within an hour of, I forward the listing to the appropriate rescue.

Once the dog is approved for intake, I go to the shelter and pull the dog. I'm on each rescue's approved "pull list" with each shelter. The shelters all know I'm a local rep for each group, and will occasionally give me a head's up about a dog on hold pending owner contact or that has just come in, has health issues, etc. so I can get the word out early.

The dog is vetted (at the group's expense), taken to a boarding kennel if need be (I can't take females because of Uber Dominant Rowan) and transport is arranged. I don't get anything out of it except the odd cash or gift card thank you, and I don't care. I know the dog is going into a rescue that has super strict adoption standards so the dog doesn't end up back at the shelter or dumped.

PAPA G and ChaZam like this.