Ladies Auxiliary V.F.W. Scholarship Winners

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by CalifgirlinOk, Sep 25, 2010.

1. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

As a member I receive the magazine every month. This month they had the winners of the Young American Creative Patriotic Art Winners for the Junior Girls scholarship contest for 2009-2010. The first place winner wins $10,000-Second place $5,000-Thrid place $2,500 and so on.
    First place was done in colored pencil by Mariah Jorgensen.

I feel they all did a wonderful job. I hope all of you enjoy their art as much as I do.

:usa2::usa1:

Attached Files:

2. CalifgirlinOk

The last two

Attached Files:

3. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Those are great works of art!! Thanks for sharing.

4. CalifgirlinOk

Thank you for posting a reply. All these girls are very good artist. I can't even draw a stick man.

All of them are good but this one is my favorite because of his eyes.

This is what the artist (Sandy Germany) said about her art entry. Her subject is a homeless vet.

"Defined as devoted love, support and defense of one's country, patriotism to me is conveyed through the eyes of a homeless veteran. The vet displayed in my picture has done everything short of laying his own life down for the love of his country and for all it stands for. Even though he is living on the streets with nothing to call his own, he still stands proud, proud to call himself an American and proud to have served his country with no regrets, not even now.

Attached Files: