Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm hoping for a mild winter....hope blooms eternal. Western Illinois weather is calling for two inches of snow tomorrow, ice over the weekend followed by rain. Three months will put us up to the middle of March.....Think....early spring. Hope for the best and expect the worst. There is an old saying in Illinois. If you don't like the weather, wait around for 24 hours and it'll change...drastically.....If we get a break in the weather out here, I'm shooting.:rocketwhore:

·
Devil's Advocate >:)
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
We have that saying in Texas too, but it's more like wait 20 minutes. Do you think you can get it done sometime between now and the end of 3 months?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Depends on the weather and work. We get home after 5 pm during the week. That leaves only the weekends to get any real shooting done if the weather cooperates with us. Today it only got to 30 degrees and there was a strong north wind.

No excuses, only facts. There is no close by indoor range near us. We shoot off our back deck into a vacant ravine behind our home. If the weather settles down and we get a mild day or two in the 40-50 degree range, it could conceivably give me a chance to do some serious targeting by this time in March. But I will be more likely to getter done closer to March than any time sooner.

Just the reality of winter where we live.

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's no problem. I'm just trying to assess what would be best for the people who want to participate. Here I can shoot just about any time as long as I have time. We can push it back or we can have several different match shoots. I'm open to anything really.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I would really enjoy going to the range and taking a few of my handguns, I have just had so many family issues going on lately that I can't do it right now. This has been a really ruff year for me and have some major stuff going on, then on top of it all, I have been sick since before Thanksgiving. Stress can also do that to a person. Went to the Dr. yesterday to get my prescriptions refilled and I lost over 20 pounds in two months...LOLLL Good luck Texas T I hope you and the other lady shooters have fun with this and I hope next time I can join in on the shoot....Lady Di

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hang in there misssharpshooter. 2007 has been a rough year for us also. Hope that things get better for you in 08.

·
Registered
104 Posts
OK ladies, I have to laugh first then say that I would like to participate.

When I saw the thread name about a shooting match and saw that "TexasT"started it I figured it was a real match in Texas and never came in here until today just out of curiosity. ROFL

I do hope I have enough ink in my printer to print out the targets or can these be bought? Are they standard? I will only be doing the pistol one.

OH yeah, I know my daughter Natosha will probably participate too.

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Great! Just print them out on your computer. Only print the pistol one and as many as you think you might need. If you're worried about ink. Print one and then get the rest photocopied somewhere. 8.5 x 11 paper is what we will be using. If the weather is ok where you are I think we can set a deadline for March 31st. That should be sufficient enough time.

If there's any indoor shooting ranges around that people from colder climates can use that would be great.

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
yeah just print one and then go somewhere else and use up that ink!
(thats what i do)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
March I might be able to.......get some of my crisis over with by then... gives me some time. I will try my best to get invovled.....Lady Di

·
Registered
535 Posts
What has happened ladies? No posts in the last few days. I hven't been involved, but I must admit I visit and read you guys daily, and it's been some pretty interesting stuff. Don't give up I am glad to see you in the sport.

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Don't forget about this! If the weather's fine go out and have a shoot!! It's cold here so I'm gonna wait until it warms up a bit. Should only take a few weeks.

If you've already gone go ahead and post up the pics!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Waiting for warmer weather here too. -3 wind chills are not my idea of a fun day at the outdoor range. LOL Should warm up a little soon.

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Let's not forget about this! There's been nice weather scattered here and there. Get out there and get shooting!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Like I dummie, I just noticed this. Can I still play?

Can only do pistol. The greatest length I can get a target out for rifle is 50 yards. I'm stuck with an indoor range (it is 50 yards) as I don't have $600 to drop on a private club. I really hate that there isn't anywhere to seriously shoot rifles around here even though there are a lot of hunters. You have to be rich to do it. But I can do pistol.

p.s. Do I get to choose which handgun... meaning, is it restricted to only semi-auto or can I use my revolver?

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Of course you can still participate. You can use whatever you got. It's just a friendly match. I'm thinking the end of March will be the end of this shoot match so you've got time. Actually, nobody has submitted anything yet. I'll try to do so soon.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Cool. With any luck, I'll hopefully get some range time next week.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just toying around with the idea of a ladies only match shoot. How about handguns?...since that's all I have. Post up a list of your gun calibers so I can get a general idea of what type of shoot to have. We could also do categories.

What do you think?
Replying for my wife ( ya shes reading over my shoulder again) she shoots a 9mm and a .380. She also has a .22 rim shes remodeling ( shortening and lightening)
The ideal of a match shoot is a great ideal!!

21 - 40 of 65 Posts