Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate >:)
7,445 Posts
Misssharpshooter inspired me to start this thread. I'd like to see how many females are actually on this site. Perhaps some of you browse the site but don't post a lot. Don't be shy! Add your screen name to the list so we can start talking about womens issues in guns and get the women shooters forum rolling again! No males allowed!

1. TexasT
2. SuckLead
3. Thegungal
4. BunnyWabbit
5. Missharpshooter
6. SueMe
7. JpGrl
8. Wolfhuntress
9. pixiedustboo
10. newhunterette
11. Girly Gun Girl (aka) Beth[/quote]
12. Alison
13. khahn79
14. Guns&Dobes
15. Redhead
16. Miss.Smith

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Howdy! I'm of the female persuasion, although despite the astounding evidence of such I still get called "sir" and "young man" by customers at work!

Reactions: GSFixit

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yay! Another woman! Be thinking about things you would like to discuss involving women and guns. I'm gonna make a poll thread about it when we get more recruits lol.

1. TexasT
2. SuckLead

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Oh good! We're growing in numbers! Hey there gungal, welcome!

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^No go away. Ladies, feel free to add your name to the list in the reply.

1. TexasT
2. SuckLead
3. Thegungal

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
1. TexasT
2. SuckLead
3. Thegungal[/quote]
4. BunnyWabbit

I want to see AH in a dress.:34:That would give us all something else to talk about.

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If we can see pictures he can listen in.

·
Premium Member
30,730 Posts
if we had a mens only could we tell dirty jokes?:scool:

·
Registered
978 Posts
That's the problem with the womens' forum...everybody can read it, so they can't chat in prvate. The other problem is that if you do not want men to participate you lose a lot of input by people that may have answers to question, own a gun you may be considering, etc. So you go to regular threads and post there. I'm kind of hazy about what a womens' forum is supposed to accomplish because of this. It's kind of like having a gun club where only the women can shoot, but the men can stand behind them and watch.

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's the problem with the womens' forum...everybody can read it, so they can't chat in prvate. The other problem is that if you do not want men to participate you lose a lot of input by people that may have answers to question, own a gun you may be considering, etc. So you go to regular threads and post there. I'm kind of hazy about what a womens' forum is supposed to accomplish because of this. It's kind of like having a gun club where only the women can shoot, but the men can stand behind them and watch.
This roll call is for women only. It's just a way to see which females are on the site so the men don't have to post in this thread. I have no problem with men posting in other threads we create because this is a free forum open to all. And what's wrong with men standing behind us watching us shoot?....

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just keep the thread whoring and hi-jacking to a minimum.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hello Ladies, I have been a member on G&G for some time. I am the only child of a Local late LEO, so I got my first rifle when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I am a past Trap, Skeet, and Sporting clays champion shooter. I was one of the sponsors for the Hollywood Celebrity Shoot here in Vegas a few years ago. I have quite an arsonal, many handguns, rifles, but my main love is shotguns. I have shot most every shotgun they make. I was very active in shooting until my car accident in 2002, I still like to go out to the range. I just need to build my arms and stamina back up. I used to shoot 500 or 600 hundred rounds and never tire, now if I was to shoot one round of 25 I would be lucky. But you know it is like riding a bike, just have to get back into the swing of things. I have a new Rizzini O/U beautiful gun and have only shot it a few times. I mostly shoot Beretta's...Love my Beretta's. One of my favorite shotugns was my SKB 600 with silver inlay O/U and I also had the sister model to it the 500 both had ejectors beautiful wood and I had custom pads and the stock shortened to fit my pull. Oh I also had a Rem 870 pump which I loved to shoot 32' barrel and I had the 1187 with two stocks. Had a 1200 I sold and bought back a few times. My 682 double combo is a great for Trap and Skeet. If any of you Ladies don't know Trap and Skeet they are totally different games and need different equipment. In Skeet you need a shorter barrel like a 26' or 28' with cyclinder bore...wide open choke and in Trap you need a longer barrel with a tighter pattern....you know that ole saying reach out and touch someone! LOLLL Skeet is on a half moon course with 8 stations you have a high house and a low house the birds come out the same way each time and as you travel around the course you lead the birds depending on what station you are shooting on. Say for instance on station 4 I lead the birds a good 4 feet or more. Now with Trap, the birds come out 75 different directions and you start on the 16 yard line and move 5 stations shooting 5 rounds and as you improve and gain a handicapp you move back in yardage. I have shot many kinds of ammo, some I say pull and I hear a hiss and my wad comes out and a fizzle, no powder, some no primer....so I stcik with Winchester double A's. But if you reload some guys don't use them as much. I used to shoot white Rhino's real arm busters..heavy loads... Rem Nitro27 HDCP handicap 1 1/8 -8 is a good load..Oh I forgot to mention I never shoot paper wads! LOLL My claim to fame is I hit a 85 yard Trap shot these guys were trying to bust for over a year and won almost $6,000 grand...LOLLLLL Starbusrt shot 3 feet off the ground lead it 45 feet.....so Ladies whatever shooting you enjoy there is always something new to learn. Be safe never load off the station keep your barrel down chamber open.....and GOOD SHOOTING!!!!!!!!! Lady Di

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1. TexasT
2. SuckLead
3. Thegungal
4. BunnyWabbit
5. Missharpshooter

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm new to this forum. I'm also just getting back into deer hunting and just recently bought a Mark V Weatherby .243 Rifle. I'm glad to see that there are several women on this forum.
I've worked in the "man's world" and have hobbies that they like to claim as their own so I'm use to "being in their world, not of their world " but it is great to have other women to converse with.

Give'm Hell Ladies!

·
7,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1. TexasT
2. SuckLead
3. Thegungal
4. BunnyWabbit
5. Missharpshooter
6. SueMe

1 - 20 of 334 Posts