Gun and Game Forum banner

301 - 320 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey, I'm a female, I hunt, and I love to shoot trap and archery for fun and competition. :) I hope I'm able to be added to the group. :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I am STILL around...Just lost my password then my computer was not working right...But I am still here on G&G. Hi to all the NEW LADIES...Good shooting...Good Hunting....Missharpshooter

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hi RED NECK CHICK

I also am a Trap. skeet and sporting clay shooter...Yes, You are welcome to G&G....best Wishes to you! Missharpshooter

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks! I'll hopefully start my year of trap soon. I'm excited to start kicking guy's butts again lol.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hi

Where do you shoot what is the name of your Gun Club> What line do you shoot from? I shoot Beretta's mostly. But have had many shotguns REM870,1187. Winchesters, Mossberg. Have a new Rizzni 12 ga O/U all my guns are 12 ga. I used to be one of the top lady shooters. 3 rd in the state one year for Skeet. Then moved over to trap. Funny thing most trap shooters and skeet shooters don't like each other! LOL I like sporting clays the best I won $2500 on one tournament. And in Trap hit an 85 yard shot and won over $5,000 that was my 15 minutes of fame! It was a one shot pot going on for over a year and i was the first lady that got my ticket drawn....the best part was I got a IOU out of the cash registar for 10.00 to buy the ticket! LOL Good Shooting! Missharpshooter

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi Miss Sharpshooter!

I shoot at a place called the New Lisbon Sports Club, and I normally shoot at the 16yd. line. I'm still what they would call a developing shooter right now, but I can usually give the men a scare lol. I shoot a Browning Citori O/U field grade, but it has modifications to make it really great for trap. When I started I had a Reminton 1187 with a shell catcher, then moved to a Mossburg Silver Reserve, and I loved that gun. Then now I have my Browning and it's even smoother than the Silver Reserve. Do you have to get modifications done to your trap guns? I have to always cut a little off of the stock to have a really good fit. Well Good Luck Shooting!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hi Back

Sounds like your ready to go. shoot easy lights, take it from me after yeras of heavy loads they work just as good. Browning is a great Gun for Trap. yes, I had all my stocks cut off and had special pads put on the stocks, but always keep that piece they cut off, just in case you do have to sell your guns. I wish Now, that I never sold any of my guns, in fact I bought one back two different times. You just get so attached to them. trap is so much fun and you meet the nicest people. The guys always try and give you advice when first learning. But the best thing to do, is just practice, practice and do what feels confortable to you. Sounds like you don't need any help anyway...sounds like your already kicking butt! LOL Have a Great Time and Godd shooting. Missharpshooter

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hi ******* CHICK

I was a sponsor for the Hollywood Celebrity Shoot here a few years ago, it was a real Blast! One of my best shooting buddies is a district court judge and I really used to give him a good run for his money. But the last time we went out, I only shot 75 rounds and I was done for. I was in a car accident in 2002 and it blew my back out. So I don't have the upper body strength I used to have like to go out and shoot 6 hundred rounds in a 2 day tournament. Plus they just closed my gun club, which had a big bar and resturant in it. You could drink and then go shoot! LOLLLLLLLLL times have changed that is for sure. Right now, I have a lot on my hands as my daughter is packing up to move to Maui Hi. and sorting out 30 years of stuff is really hard.....she already has met a nice guy who is on the Maui police dept. so I am really happy about that as that runs in the family long line of cops....my dad was a cop both my uncles, my aunts husband was a cop. everybody in my family....LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lady in here

My Daddy gave me a .22 rifle when I was 10. I love to hunt and shoot. I have fired a lot of hand guns my favorite is the S&W M&P .40 cal , although the black hawk single 6 .30 cal is a lot of fun to shoot. in Long guns I prefer my .308 with 4X12 tentacle scope. My brush gun is a 45/70 Gov. Marlin. My partner convinced me to fire the .458 Winchester mag Rugger rifle one time but I will never do that again. How do you spell bruised to Heck. I like black powder also and use a circa 1830 North Carolina rifle .44 cal to hunt deer during primitive season. Also own and shoot a reproduction 1851 navy .36 cap and ball revolver (it's a great gun for snakes). laughing yes there are lots of copperheads and rattlers here.
Melody:heart:

301 - 320 of 334 Posts