close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lars and Chip's site is down now!!!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Klaus, May 21, 2002.

1. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

OK, what is going on here????????? Are the Feds investigating these sites or what? I am starting to get suspicious. And no, I am not being paranoid. This is Tuesday evening, about 10:30.

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Are you just not paranoid on Tuesday evening?

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS SITE AND WAS JUST ABOUT TO ERASE EVERYTHING THEN IT CAME BACK UP! GUESS I'M NOT THE ONLY PARANOID "GUN NUT"OUT HERE!

4. It's the darn Democrats spearheaded by Rosie O'Donnell.

I'm not paranoid since I know the 'system' has a way of making anything possible. Anything we can imagine can now become reality in a wink......yepper.......fer sure.

Paranoia: noun-a pshycosis that results in irrational and unfounded illusions and/or thoughts.

Reality: noun-a state where all paranoia is now real.

Last edited: May 22, 2002
  5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Looks to be back up now, at Wednesday 5:30 am

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Still looks funny to me.

7. For once, Klaus I have to agree with you Bud.
    I too thought the fed had put the ka-baush on our vent secions here and even now that they are up agin I still have to wounder.

8. Chris

Well I tend to disagree, maybe a bad choice in chosing a server, but nothing to do with that. Sometimes things happen so soon after each other we think they are, but they arent related at all.

Sometimes we jump to conclusions.

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Actually, I did not jump to a conclusion. I said I was suspicious, which is quite different from my stating that it was a fact.

10. Chris

Not saying you do Klaus, just saying a general comment that sometimes we all do,

11. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

All I know is that if we were on the previous server we may have never gotten our website back up! Chris told me that many websites were effected by the router mishap... not just ours. As for Chip's new site... it seems to be running fine. Sometimes late at night servers may go down briefly for upkeep. Chris knows more about the "nuts and bolts" concerning service providers, and he would be the guy to ask. I'm just thrilled we're back online!

Jesse

12. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I see our servers take a time out occassionally at night but mostly this is due to hardware failures when the system isn't being monitored. Or its due to upgrades, of course Klaus your thougts were somewhat in line with mine I did some work with TN tax revolt last year and it did get my name out there enough that someone used my name on a editorial to the newspaper and then I heard from the state.