close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Las Pistolas

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Klaus, May 22, 2002.

1. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I am going to try to post a pic of two of my handguns here. This is my .50 Desert Eagle and my 9mm Makarov. A slight difference in size.

2. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

Nice 50. Is that a 10" bbl?

I wouldn't mind having one like that, but I'd rather have what's in your avatar.

Have you heard anything more on ceramic projectiles?

3. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Nice toys Klaus I just got done filling an order for a guy with a 50DE

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Klaus, how well does that red-dot sight handle the recoil? Do you have a special holster for it, or keep it cased? Do you plan to try handgun hunting?

5. Hey Klaus! In Brazil, "las pistolas" is slang for "the penises"! Thought you'd like to know. ;)

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Sorry, I was trying for mexican. I think in Brazil, they speak Portugese, I think.

Last edited: May 23, 2002
  7. Most would be hard pressed to decide between them anyway.

8. That's true, they do speak Portuguese, which to me sounds like Spanish with a heavy French influence ( or maybe it's the other way around...)

Anyway, I travelled extensively in South and Central America in the '70s. One thing that struck me was the difference in slang as you cross various borders. I once had a young woman pull a knife on me when I made a reference to 'papaya', the fruit. Turns out in that country (Honduras, I think) that 'papaya' was the term used for female genetalia suffering from gonhorrea (or so I was told). She thought I was insinuating...well, you get the picture. I didn't get cut that time. I also ended up with a different girl at the end of the evening. ;)