close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Laser grips for CZ75B?

Discussion in 'CZ' started by Jaison, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yonder
    Oy! I've been searching for a set of Crimson Trace style laser grips for a CZ75. They are out of production.

$7,000,000,000.00 reward for anyone who can direct me to a source for these elusive beasts. Lol!

Ahem, seriously, though, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Jaison

Yonder
    Thanks, Copper. That's really strange-- I was on Amazon a few minutes before posting this thread and didn't see them.

In any event, $500 is a little too steep. That's more than the pistol cost. Yikes!

Guess that's what happens when a popular product for a popular pistol gets discontinued, huh?

Thanks, buddy. I appreciate the link!

3. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

You might just contact Smith & Wesson who are the owners of Crimson Trace now. I wonder if that decision to drop the CT product for the CZ came about before or after S&W scarfed up the CT brand.

Jaison likes this.
  4. Jaison

Yonder
    Thanks, ChaZam. I need to update this ol' brain on the gun industry. Didn't know S&W acquired CT. Good suggestion.

5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I was just reading about Smith & Wesson buying Crimson Trace.

6. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

It wasn't very long ago that they made that acquisition. We had a fairly long discussion thread about it in fact, but that would have been one of the numerous threads that disappeared when G&G got hacked. In that thread though one of the things that I speculated about was whether S&W would actively put R&D into developing Crimson Trace laser sights that might indeed make their competitors handguns more desirable than a S&W product. Who knows where the powers that be will focus their attention in that business model; is there more money to be made in S&W handgun sales or in CT laser sight sales. If they did discontinue the CT sights for a number of competitors handguns and had them available on all S&W products that could surely sway the market by a few percent probably, until and unless someone else tooled up to make a top notch product to compete with the CT line for all the other firearms without being sued into oblivion for copyright infringements perhaps.

Who knows what has been bandied about in the S&W boardroom, but it is a known fact that in a few days the board will be deciding whether to change the corporate moniker as it appears on NASDAQ due to the fact that they do have all of those other brands under their corporate umbrella such as Crimson Trace, Battenfield Technologies, etc.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/11/10/fear-loading-sw-name-change-looming/

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Jaison likes this.
  7. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Personally, I think CT Grips are a waste of money.

They won't do you any good in the daylight. At night, you are better of with a Tac Light. The people that "depend" on CT Grips to compensate for their lack of shooting practice, do not shoot any better with them than without them.

That has just been my observations. YMMV

Jaison and ChaZam like this.
  8. Jaison

Yonder
    Agreed. I practice POA for SD. Gotta train so that I default to the highest level of training.

The laser grips are a 'want' vs need thing. Just sorta hoping to trick out a beast for once.

The EDC is a XD9sc and she's staying original.

Ten Man likes this.
  9. I sure like my laser ymmv