Laser grips

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by privateer, May 11, 2008.

1. Hi All,
    I have a Kimber custom classic that I am thinking about dressing up with a set of Crimson trace laser grips, any of you have any do's or donts on the subject. The gun shoots just fine without them I just have the urge to buy some new bells and whistles :)

2. Privateer, all I can say is this. There's nothing like seeing that dot and knowing that's where the shot is going. If you can afford it, I say get it. It's one of those accessories that will pay for itself in the first self defense or home defense situations you have. When it comes to training, it's an excellent training aid.

You might find a set that will fit your Kimber here?
    Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting Boots, Discount Shoes, Discount Ammunition, Discount Ammo, Discount Boots, Military Surplus, Outdoor Gear At the Sportsman's Guide

3. hey friend , i have a kimber pro carry with kimber crimson trace grips ! love love love them! you will too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Thanks guys, I got the demo dvd from crimson trace, was infornative but it's nothing like hearing it from users. A shopping I will go, now I just gotta figure out how to convince the wife that it's a mothers-day gift :)

5. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

ive got it on my sp-101.357 and it is a thing of beauty!
    what a great idea!

I measured the distance from my pillow to my front door (i have an unobstructed view from my bedroom)
    it is 30 feet.
    i zero'd the laser for 30 feet.
    at that distance a hole will appear exactly where that dot is.

p.s.
    you will be shocked at how much that dot bounces around.
    i dont care how steady you think your hands are!

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  6. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

I have two sets for 1911's....a full-size and and Officers size. I personally think they're the best thing ever, but I also like nice wood grips, so I currently have neither set of Lasergrips mounted. You'll also be amazed how far that laser will shine, I've shined it on buildings at night over 100 yards away, and it was bright as hell. Kinda scary. Of course, at that distance your shot would be many feet off from the dot. Bullets have an arcing trajectory, but lasers are straight as a, well, laser beam.

7. I do not have any laser grips on any of my autos, but do on a S&W 642 revolver and love the grips. There is no doubt as to where the round is going.

8. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

My above post is supposed to read "1000 yards", not 100.