laser sights

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Todd Burton, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Todd Burton

Todd Burton G&G Newbie

I have a Colt .22 target pistol and am looking for a laser sight for it. Does anyone have any suggestions or info? Thanks
    -Todd

2. JohnD

JohnD Member

what kind? grip or trigger gard or scope base mounted?

3. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

Crimson Trace is the best I've seen. They have the laser built into the handgrip. They cost alot of money. The problem with the trigger guard mounted lasers is I always get knocked off haven't had any luck withthem being durable.

4. Peter

Peter G&G Newbie

I personally would go red dot instead. the laser (projected on target) tends to dance around a lot on a handgun. red dot gives you the same ability to see the whole scene( not focused on sites) but is easier to time your trigger pull on target. I have a c-more red dot on my buckmark and i absolutely love it. you can take down a row of targets really fast. Also with the tubless design like the c-more you can use both eyes and you have total awareness of targets outside the sight picture. I can't recommend it highly enough. really fun.

5. Todd Burton

Todd Burton G&G Newbie

I was not aware of any grip type lasers for the Colt Target. I was toying with buying a guard type but they do look like they could break easily. I will check out the c-more, maybe a holosight. Thanks for the replies.
    -Todd

6. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

I agree with Peter, the Red Dot holds steadier, no dancing. I have trouble with iron sights (old tired eyess), mounted a Red Dot on a Remington Nylon 66, I really like it. I plan on putting one on my Ruger Mark II pistol. Probably a C More.

7. Mico

Mico G&G Newbie

I also agree with a red dot. I got my hands on a Beamshot and mounted it on a Walther P22. It holds its zero for all of four shots.

The one place laser sights work really well: In the movies. In real life they're a waste of time and money.