last round ftf

Discussion in 'SKS' started by Ryals, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Ryals

Ryals G&G Regular

i have a norinco sks and on the last round it always gets hung up any suggestions? i have already taken it apart and cleaned in several times and does not help

2. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

Using the box mag or aftermarket? If it is an aftermarket, maybe the spring is weak or there is a "flaw" and not letting the last round go up far enough. With the original box mag, I would have to see the inside.

3. Ryals

Ryals G&G Regular

it is the original box bag

Attached Files:

4. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

Ok. On the FTF, are you able to pull back the bolt carrier and manually load it? I can only think of 3 things: Either the spring isn't pushing the last round up far enough, the last round is catching on something and not going far enough up, or something about the bolt isn't hitting the last round. The LAST one is the LEAST likely. Can anybody else think of something that I may have missed? Maybe something about the box mag that may be a problem? Check the box mag THUROUGHLY for any bends or maybe something that would keep that last round from going up.

5. Ryals

Ryals G&G Regular

yes just pulling the bolt back and letting it go it will load

6. Did you ever find anything out? I'm also guessing you don't have another box mag to check it with.

7. Ryals

Ryals G&G Regular

no have not fixed it yet and i dont have another box mag

8. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

A few questions,

Did you buy it new or used?

Either way, have you pulled the magazine spring?

If you pulled the mag. spring, is there a chance you put it in backwards?

9. Ryals

Ryals G&G Regular

i got it used but it worked fine then i did not use it for a year

only thing i have done to it is clean it never took the mag apart just off the rifle during cleaning

10. Ryals

Ryals G&G Regular

got back from range yesterday and after about 60 rounds the problem fixed it self no telling what caused it to happen

rando and SKS NOOB like this.