Latest purchase... nice but needs work

Discussion in 'H&K' started by K75RT, May 13, 2018.

1. I purchased a used police trade in HK USP 45 from Kings Firearms out of TN, received it from transfer FFL and noted that the single action is difficult to engage...Did some testing and it is indeed a problem. Have to send the gun to HK in Georgia...I have sent a request to split the shipping charges to King's will see what they answer... I do understand buying used has some drawbacks..but obviously this firearm was not checked prior to its sale... either way I like the gun and we move on...

2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Good attitude to have. Should work out in the end. HK will most likely make it right, hopefully with minimal pain.

3. Called them today, they are very easy to deal with... shipping IS expensive...

4. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

I saw those USP police trade ins advertised in an E mail (I think A.I.M). I really wanted one but didn't have the money to spare.:(

K75RT likes this.
  5. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

surprised H&K even talked to you.

6. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Congrats on the new acquisition :). I hope they split the shipping with you and I hope you get the action Smoothed out and squared away the way that you like them. Idk what it is about the USP handguns but I've seen a lot of the guys on our local gun Grapevine with similar complaints and issues about them so I hope you get it straightened out soon

K75RT likes this.
  7. Sounds like a good deal. But The Band of Fellers motto is...it didn't happen without pics.

K75RT likes this.
  8. r5r what do you mean, please? I called their CS number and was given an RMA # today I brought the pistol to FedEx and paid about $77.50 to ship it back for repair...

9. Here she is.. but right now she is heading home to Georgia for a bit of help...

Attached Files:

blaster, jerry and Capt'n Mil Coll like this.
  10. Just got off the phone with Kings in TN, they will refund me $25 of my 77.50 bill... better than nothing...

blaster and jerry like this.
  11. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

H&K has had a reputation of not dealing with their owners that weren't upper echelon seal team type members or those that didn't speak with a German accent in the best,, well let's just say they kind of inferred you were beneath owning one of their guns.

maybe things have changed a lot since they are working on them here now.

12. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    ^ like Colt lol

K75RT likes this.
  13. I just checked my statement and the CS actually upped it to $30.00; he was understanding and listened. I explained that it would have cost me the same to ship it back to them as to ship it to the manufacturer...either way the gun needs to be fixed might as well have the maker do it....

jerry likes this.
  14. FedEx dropped my repaired USP 45 off this morning; HK replaced the sear spring and the recoil spring and shipped it back on their dime!

blaster and jerry like this.