close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

latest taurus model 605

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by slrassoc, Dec 11, 2014.

1. slrassoc

slrassoc G&G Addict

They said it was medium high polished, hammer and trigger case hardened and had rubber grips with a grip screw so you could actualy remove the grips. Here is what showed up. All matte blued and no grip screw. They were able to lower the retail price 100.00. It is very well finished and has the best double action trigger I have ever used but...does anyone know how to remove the grips. I want to put different grips on it.

Attached Files:

2. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    Taurus says there is a single screw at the bottom. Remove the screw and pull them off, but your picture looks more like a rolled pin than a screw.

3. slrassoc

slrassoc G&G Addict

It is a rolled pin. Will have to take to gunsmith to remove.

4. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

$100.00 for a lifetime insurance policy, is a great deal.:D

To remove the roll pin, just use a punch and lightly tap it out with a hammer.

5. slrassoc

slrassoc G&G Addict

Why would they use a roll pin. Why not just a grip screw. How much are they saving. Makes me wonder if I can install any other grips on it.

6. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Lots of applications roll pins.
    They are effective, easy to remove & install.
    As for replacement grips. Just make sure they are specific for your model.

7. slrassoc

slrassoc G&G Addict

Going to install taurus factory wood grips. Usually there is a pin on the frame and the grips fit over the pin to hold the grips in place. Hope after removing roll pin the wood grips will fit. Says for that gun but sometimes they make changes and it can be a little messy. We will see.

Attached Files:

8. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    Agree on the rolled pin. An inexpensive pin punch set with a soft hammer would be much cheaper than a gunsmith, and is an essential for gun owners. Buy a cheap one. It's not like you're doing constant gunsmithing. They can come in quite handy.

For example, this is similar to the one I have, and yes, I have broken a punch, but that was on a soldered in Mosin pin... Under $22.

http://www.amazon.com/Weaver-Gunsmi...TF8&qid=1418349051&sr=8-39&keywords=punch+set

41CCmfEZiQL.jpg