close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Le Mag Conversions

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by DANA, Apr 10, 2002.

1. I HAVE TWO LE MAG CONVERSIONS. 45WIN MAG WITH A HOLOSCOPE. 50 AE WITH A RED DOT. THE 45WIN MAG LETS YOU KNOW AFTER YOU FIRE A DOZEN SHOTS. NO PAD. THE 50AE MAKES YOU GLAD YOU USE EAR PROTECTION THEY MAKE FINE DEER RIFLES HERE IN VERMONT,NO LONG DISTANCES. ANYONE USING THESE OR ANY OTHER CONVERSIONS.LE MAG OR WHAT HAVE YOU.
    DANA

2. frankly

frankly G&G Newbie

lemag

heyDana
    Have you had any trouble with your 45 win mag ejecting spent brass?
    I have had nothing but grief from mine .I'm going to try a new extractor.
    Is thereanything I should be doing?

3. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

In these days of AK building, I think the AK will become more popular for such caliber conversions. It already has the capacity for a larger round.

Am in the midst of such a project myself, to 35 Remington.

4. My only trouble with my 45 Win Mag was the mags. Opened up the cut out at the shell base some and did not have any more trouble with any of the mags I reworked. About 20 rounds is all my shoulder want's to take. When I remark that my shoulder hurts from using a M1 Carbine I get funny looks. But they really slap you

DANA

5. frankly

frankly G&G Newbie

Dana, I need to know if there is anything different about the extractor on your .45 win mag.The cartridges won't eject. I just bought 3 extractors on e-bay.But I need to know if they need to be machined to fit the .45 case.
    Also Dana, I could use any reloading data for this cartridge.It was originally a handgun round, and I think with the longer barrel we could get more out of it.(within reason of course).

thanks again, Frank

6. Can't help with the reloading request. I checked my 30 M1 Carbine bolt with the 45 Win Mag and all I could see was that they opened up the bolt face to take the 45 base. Without taking out both extractors I would not be able to see if there was a diffrence that I missed. The 45 bolt is the cut from a M2 Carbine bolt. As you say you have extras you might try sharpening the angle of the extractor to get a better bite. The 30 carbine base is listed as .050 ". My book does not show the measurment for a 45 base but you could mike it yourself. The 45 might be thicker thereby not letting the extractor fully engauge. Also the increase in the base sizes could hold the extractoe out of full seating. Only some of my thoughts and not much help.

DANA