Lead illegal?

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by H&R12G, Sep 1, 2010.

1. H&R12G

H&R12G G&G Newbie

I was told by a very knowledgable man that Obama is trying to make lead illegal. He explained this is a way to backdoor "outlawing" firearms. since he can't actually outlaw them he is outlawing the material that ammunition is made of. So, what's the story about this? Is it true? Because this not only effects those of us who own firearms, but those who also enjoy fishing.

EDIT: I do know that it is because Obama says it is a "health concern." I don't know about you guys, but I've handle ammunition as well as lead sinkers and never got sick. I've even used my teeth to clamp those one sinkers to my line when I couldn't find or forgot my pliers. And I've done that since I was about 5 years old.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010

2. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

From the report:

BWAHAHAHAHA....Where did all that lead come from, I reckon? Maybe Mars?

What a bunch of idiots.

3. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

Yah man Really. Its those liberal Treehuggers man and I would know. Seattle Is overrun with them. This going green thing is getting out of [email protected] No this is not Obamas doing even though many would have you believe it is one of his "evil" plots to undermine the american people.

4. Russ Hatch

Russ Hatch G&G Newbie

Iowa
  5. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

What is your point? The EPA Ruled against the petitioners. If you ask me it looks like there on our side when it comes to lead ammo. You should read the article that Rye-man posted a little more closely.

6. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

Yea. I could understand if they were saying it could damage the ground water. But, you'd need to have a hell of a lot more lead than that of a few stray bullets that generally remain near the surface. Most water tables around the country are at least 10 feet under ground, but a lot are more.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  7. Russ Hatch

Russ Hatch G&G Newbie

Iowa
    Have read it. They stated they had no jurisdiction to regulate bullets but they were still studying lead sinkers. My point was that while Obama might not have had any say so in the out come he still appointed the head of the agency and they feel they are above being held responsible for their actions.Witness the fines on the car company, the classification of CO2 as a harmful gas, and trying to regulate the amount of dust in the air in farm and ranching country. Co2 is required by plants to live and grow and you exhale it.Try to plant crops or harvest them with out raising dust. Hell just drive down a country road without raising dust.

8. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

You are comparing two completely separate issues. It like comparing apple's to potato's. In this particular instance they are not acting like they are above being held responsible. Responsible for what? Upholding a law and shooting down a petition that was only created as a way to undermine our 2nd amendment. The EPA regulate the TSCA and the government ruled ammo as exempt from that Act therefore the EPA is NOT authorized to ban lead ammo. It was a stupid attempt so it got shot down. As if lead ammunition is killing off and endangering various species of birds.(get it its a play on words lol)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  9. Russ Hatch

Russ Hatch G&G Newbie

Iowa
    Ok you win the EPA is a benevolent agency of the government with our best interests at heart.

10. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

This has been tried before,and if it doesn't work this time it will be tried again,they never stop.:censored: