Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
I love any and all firearms, also love archery hunting.
362 Posts
Ya'll do some good work, I've experimented with leather work here and there, over the years, but now I feel motivated to get back into it. There was a Tandy Leather store up here years ago, but it shut down and I had no place to go buy stuff. Think I'll check on line.

·
Wonderment :)
36,388 Posts
shanebrews: Sir; adding 😃

An 1830 Restored Canal Town
Roscoe Village Has A Story To Tell

• It's the story of a small port built along the Ohio & Erie Canal
  • It's the story of the way lives were enriched by the wonders of canal travel in this newly developing region
  • It's the story of the 1913 flood that wiped out the canal and left the village of Roscoe to suffer years of decline
  • And it's the story of caring entrepreneurs, historians, and townspeople who worked to restore this tiny town to a new life -- celebrating the past as Historic Roscoe Village
  • List Item
The story goes on today — 51 years since its restoration — in a village alive with fascinating historic tours, beautifully appointed buildings, annual festivals and events, and breathtaking gardens and pathways.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
shanebrews: Sir; adding 😃

An 1830 Restored Canal Town
Roscoe Village Has A Story To Tell

• It's the story of a small port built along the Ohio & Erie Canal
  • It's the story of the way lives were enriched by the wonders of canal travel in this newly developing region
  • It's the story of the 1913 flood that wiped out the canal and left the village of Roscoe to suffer years of decline
  • And it's the story of caring entrepreneurs, historians, and townspeople who worked to restore this tiny town to a new life -- celebrating the past as Historic Roscoe Village
  • List Item
The story goes on today — 51 years since its restoration — in a village alive with fascinating historic tours, beautifully appointed buildings, annual festivals and events, and breathtaking gardens and pathways.
The most mindboggling thing to me is they employed 1100 men to dig the canal from Cleveland to the Ohio River with hand tools and a hundred years later they came back and filled it in. The path of the canal is now OH-16 for some distance!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts