close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Leather Slings

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by mikefink, Jul 25, 2002.

1. mikefink

mikefink G&G Newbie

I just purchased a new leather sling for my M1. I have 2 questions. How the heck is it attached to the rifle? Do you treat the sling with something like saddle soap or neets foot oil ?

Thanks for any help.
    Mike

2. Mike--

Go to www.jarheadtop.com , Jim Owens has a book called Leather Sling and Shooting Positions, along with a video that is very interesting. I bought all of his stuff and you will really learn alot. He also sells "the best" leather slings. Hope this helps.

3. mikefink

mikefink G&G Newbie

Thanks ITC. will give it a look.

Mike

4. Armorer

Armorer Guest

CMP and or Fultons has it on thier web site for free :)

Anything that keeps leather soft. Silicone boot spray works well.

I got rid of my leather "shooters" sling for an Unicle Mike's one hand adjustable webbed one.

Kate's make over is almost complete. You all will see her real soon :)

5. leemozoid

leemozoid G&G Newbie

Aargh! DO NOT USE SILICONE SPRAY OR NEAT'S FOOT OIL ON YOUR SLING! While these will supple the leather in the short term they will cause long term damage. Go to www.pecard.com and order their leather care products. All natural ingredients and it will not degrade historic leather articles. :)

6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Sarco sells WWII and WWI repo leather slings for the military rifles for $18 bucks. They are supposedly exact replicas with either a stamped WWI date (with brass hardware) or a WWII stamped date with steel hardware. I'm ordering a couple. Sounds like a good deal to me. What do ya'll think?

7. mikefink

mikefink G&G Newbie

Eric,

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Mine was $24.95 from Orion 7 Ent. It's a replica made by one of the original suppliers. I don't think it is date stamped. I would say the one I ordered is of very good quality. :usa:

8. willys

willys G&G Newbie

TEXAS
    Sarco slings

I bought 3 of the Sarco slings. They aren't bad for the price.