Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lee Enfield accessories I have come across at gun shows and on the web. I found the cruciform blade one morning on evil bay with a $24.95 BIN, darn near broke my finger I clicked the mouse so hard. The cleaning kit complete with the mini shaving brush was $2.24. I needed both of these good deals to make up for the cost of the scope tool, you don't want to know:toothache:

The mag is one of two, NIB from Long Branch.

Lets see what you got!

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Nothing like that. But later today I will have to post some pics of my soon to be newly acquired 1918 No. 1 Mk. III. I have to make the trip for it yet. Looks like a pretty neat kit there. Is that something that was issued to troops or what? I am not up on my Enfields as much as I am my Mosins :)

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The No.5 (Jungle Carbine) did not have a but trap and so troops issued with No.5s got one of those boxes.
I have read that the tin box went with the No5's and that they were used in the small pockets on the canvas No4 cases.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Officially the tin box kit was only issued for the No.5, for the reason stated. (Source: Infantry Training, No.4 Rifle & Bayonet.) However people may have 'hung on' to kits. Additionally, it is exactly the same size as a British 2 Ounce tobacco tin and so people may have made up kits of their own.

The demise of the 2 oz. tin has lead to the loss of valuable resource for storing small stuff in workshops and sheds throughout the UK.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Great Goodies Madman! haven't came across that wild bayo in my books yet and was let down when i unpacked my cleaning kit to find the oil bottle is plastic, may be correct but i really love brass.
frenchy

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Collecting the oil bottles can be a hobby by it's self. You have the early brass units with both makers marking and unit marking on some. Then the plastic ones, they come in black and brown, some very late ones were clear.

This photo shows the washer next to the oil bottle.

Plastic would be correct for your No4. You should have a leather or fiber like 'washer' that goes in the butt stock first to eliminate noise of the oiler moving around

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Yes the bottle is clear and i remember Mr. Stratton showing the fiber washer, will check
before loading into stock. think i'll cheat and put in a brass one.
frenchy

·
Registered
742 Posts
Met an old guy shooting one day and he said he had some Enfield stuff I might like. I was shooting an nice '43 M47. Turns out he worked for DOD in the 60's. He had a bunch of stuff he had brought home with him. He had this 7.62 conversion set.

Extra stuff is good.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Met an old guy shooting one day and he said he had some Enfield stuff I might like. I was shooting an nice '43 M47. Turns out he worked for DOD in the 60's. He had a bunch of stuff he had brought home with him. He had this 7.62 conversion set.

Extra stuff is good.

Cheers

Green drool!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But wait there is more, a brand new .303 bbl still in grease. You can see how fat the 7.62 bbl is next to it.

I have a new 7.62, but it's a bit different.

·
Registered
742 Posts
New home for the 303 bbl. is a '45T with a bob job.

Pete Laidler did his magic to the '45 scope

In one of my boxes I have the original wood too. Saved it from Bubba at the last moment.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Pete Laidler did his magic to the '45 scope

In one of my boxes I have the original wood too. Saved it from Bubba at the last moment.

Looks nice, I just got my No32 back from Wheatie. I'm amazed at how clear he was able to get the glass. Waiting for BDL to get the mount back to me, I had it refinished. It looked a bit ragged next to Wheatie's work.

frenchy said:
Fine looking AR MCB who makes it?
frenchy
The lower is ArmaLite w/o FA, forged 7175-T73 Aluminum, they make a fantastic two stage trigger. Plus if you want to call it a AR-10 it has to be ArmaLite since it's trademarked. It has a Magpul PSR stock and a TD grip.

The upper is a Noveske forged 7175-T73 unit with a 21" barrel, triple lapped 1 in 10 twist polygonal rifling, 7.62 Noveske Match Mod 1 chamber, extended feed ramps, low-profile gas block and a Vortex flash suppressor. The rail is a SWS/Noveske FF billet unit topped with a Troy battle sight set.

Other than the PRS and Troy sights this is just like I wanted to build one. The PRS and Troy parts are gravy, I found this for .50 on a dollar.

I'm going to have to step up and put some quality glass on this gal, she should be good for 1000yds+.

ArmaLite and Noveske are definitely the top tier manufacturers for this platform. The mags cost more for the ArmaLite but it is coming down. I wouldn't buy a lesser rifle just to save $20 on the a mag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just came across a British WW2 gun cleaning kit like the one pictured above comeplete with screens and everything, it has a soldier's initials SB engraved on it and it has definitely been used.
Does anyone know what it may be worth?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts