Gun and Game Forum banner

lefty mosin??

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  marion57 
#1 ·
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=UEKXky1mGgo[/ame]

this guys shirt reads backward and his mosin is left handed...
is this a wierd mirror effect from a vid, or did they make a lefty mosin?

#5 ·
Did you guys watch this video? What a crock of bull. clean the corrosive salts with boiling water?

I'm sure that the soldiers in the field, after a firefight, put boiling water down the barrel after shooting. Not only that but boiling water overspill will damage the finish you just spent 8 hours working on.

A total waste of 8 minutes.

#9 ·
Gave me a chuckle as well. I have a hard time believing that the typical Russian soldier in combat would do much more than run a couple patches down the barrel. I also bet that THAT was not done as regularly as should be. Especially in places like Stalingrad. I would venture a guess that actual battlefield pick ups would have pretty rough bores.

#10 ·
:)I will have to find the article on what kinda conditions the russians used in combat to clean there rifles . they took all the rifles and bolts apart and threw them in a big container of boiling water whenever there was a lull in the fiting and then ivan took a bolt out and oiled it an put it back in the rifle so very few battle field pick ups were matching ..The matching numbers thing is a refurbish thing to make the american collectors buy:09:

#11 ·
:)I will have to find the article on what kinda conditions the russians used in combat to clean there rifles . they took all the rifles and bolts apart and threw them in a big container of boiling water whenever there was a lull in the fiting and then ivan took a bolt out and oiled it an put it back in the rifle so very few battle field pick ups were matching ..The matching numbers thing is a refurbish thing to make the american collectors buy:09:
THAT does it! I will never buy another one! Those guys are little more than used car salesmen with a fur hat!:cussing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.