Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, you may have heard of Filson. Great brand of wool clothing, and great prices to match. So normally their double mackinaw wool jacket lists at $495, but if you search around you can usually knock at least a hundred off that price. Then tonight I see a website called "Young Global Citizen" (or "Youngglob") selling that same Filson double mackinaw for $82.58. I'm thinking no way. Can't believe that's legit, and not going to test it with my money or credit card number. Here's the address for that item: http://www.youngglobalcitizen.com/m...cruiser-charcoal-mens-clothing-sswyp7aqu.html.

Anyone else have dealings with this youngglob outfit? If so, were they a "normal" online retailer, or what? While I'm not willing to bite they certainly piqued my curiosity, so I'm hoping maybe someone else out there in the gun'n game blog-o-sphere has info about them.

Thanx,

Kellen

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Sure makes you wonder how they can can sell them for 1/5 of what everybody else is, including Amazon, ebay and the other big online retailers. Can't find any information or reviews about them either.
Rated as high risk on scamadviser.com.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
I haven't checked yet but if they let you checkout with PayPal so you don't have to enter your debit or credit card information not only are you covered by the PayPal guarantee it would definitely leave one to wonder how they can let them go so cheap.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I cannot confirm the rumor, and I sincerely hope that it is untrue, but I have read that some Filson garments and accessories are no longer made in USA, but are being outsourced. Somebody who knows please tell me that this is "fake news!"

L.L. Bean started outsourcing their clothing some years ago and quality suffered.

Johnson Woolen Mills still makes theirs in Vermont.

Codet still produces theirs in Ontario.

I've also been pleased Varusteleka Jama from Finland, and their shipping from Europe to the US is cheaper than buying comparable US goods on Amazon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts