close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Les Baer

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ltcboy, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Just wanna get your opinions-- do you guys think that a Premier II is worth the money? I saw some really good looking fully loaded Springfields for less. Already have the basic military issuse .45 from Springfield , but I wanna get a nice one.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Ltcboy

2. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

ItcBoy,
    DON'T spend all that money for the Les Baer. They are very good pieces, and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them.......... except the price. If you want a true masterpiece that will shoot with the best of 'em, and look good, contact Don Williams at ActionWorks. Don is one of the administrators of this site, and I have sent him several pieces. He does GREAT work and his prices are VERY reasonable. Send Don one of those Springfields or other 1911s and he will do MAGIC. I enclose his website below. Look over his website and give him a call. You will find him to be a wonderful gentleman and an EXCELLENT pistolsmith.
    http://www.theactionworks.com/
    Best of luck and Happy Trails,
    Jeffro (Jeff)

3. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Ltcboy,
    I agree with Jeff, You can get a superb 1911 for alot less than a premier II. Get a fully loaded springfield and trick it out the rest of the way yourself, get a kimber gold match or gold combat, you can even get a run of the mill .45 and have a smith super-tune it for less than a Baer. They are nice pistols, but to get the 1.5" garuantee on the premier II it costs an additional $300. You can get just as good for alot less. That's my two-cents. Good luck and good shooting! Eric

4. hoosierdaddy

hoosierdaddy G&G Newbie

Indy
    If you don't mind the wait Rock River is an exceptional 1911. However the last I heard was 13 months.