Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Russia sells all of it's Mosin Nagants to Romania, who we Americans buy them from, right? Russia sells SKS rifles to Canada...and we cannot buy them from Canada? Is this the importation sitrep of what's going on?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Goberment train of thought goes something like this.... If it makes sense, we dont do it.

I've never heard of an import ban for Canada, but then again I've also never seen a gun for there either.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I just know that the Canadians are now getting a ton of old Soviet SKS and SVT 40 rifles, but for whatever reason we cannot get them here in the States. To my knowledge the only ones we are still importing are the SKS rifles from Yugoslavia, Romania, and Albania. But not Soviet ones for some reason, even though we can get the Saigas...

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Russian SKS's can still be found, but they are commanding top dollar.

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
That stupid arms treaty. Saigas were specifically exempted from banning. They should have included SKS', SVDs, TTs, etc. etc. etc. or never made the treaty at all.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid $400 for a 1950 Tula refurb a few weeks ago. It's pretty sweet, I also have a Yugo 59/66 from 1974, and a Chinese SKS from 1973.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Not just your imports the silly rules are effecting, it's America's exports as well. Guns & gun accessories generally onsale virtually anywhere in the US are restricted for export. If I want to buy a wooden rifle stock from the states, if it costs over $100, the seller needs to pay $250 for an export licence!! same same if it's a $101 riflescope from Walmarts, it's prohibited??? FFS!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts