close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lets have it!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Stopper, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Alrighty then!

Is this war on terrorism a war on the terrorist or a war on our freedoms?

Is it an excuse to take more and more of our liberties away?

Will the next terrrorist act here on OUR soil cause the administration to go overboard and declare Marshal Law?

Lets have it!!!

2. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

I doubt if they'd ever be that obvious, but it will sure feel just like martial law. We're not at the point of tanks and troopers patrolling the intersections yet, but you can be sure at least some of our personal freedoms will be dissipated. We've been giving up our rights for the last 50-60 years anyways, why stop now?

3. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

If the parania continues then I can guess we will see more restrictions of our liberties, personally I couldn't care about internal to the USA because I am confident the smarter citizens who understand that they have a right to defend themselves and our country will overcome some BG inside our borders. On the otherhand I have a feeling they will go for the disarmed parts of the country anyway.

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Seems every time a bad event happens and "emergency measures" are taken, they are never rescinded. We lose a little more each time. At one time, the income tax was supposed to be a temporary measure. FEMA has a horrifying degree of power to emplement measures in a major emergency. Marshal law, confiscation of firearms to maintain civil order, seizure of "hoarded" food,water and supplies, even occupying private homes. These were done as a series of "ExecutiveOrders" over the years. I'll have to see if I can find them again. It made for some very scary reading. Basically, if TSHTF, you do not want to be in a metropolitan area. What you have saved for an emergency will be taken to be parceled out to the poor SOB's who had no clue.
    Ah, found it! Very interesting reading, indeed.
    http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/eo/femalist.htm

5. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

The gummint will do what the gummint does best,take from one and give to another and regulate our lives!Count on more of it!:nod: :nod: :nod: :mad:

6. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Well said BD thats one of the reasons I live in the country - plus my neighbors and I hunt so we will ultimately survive if we need food over the metro dwellers. And good luck finding the toys if they came looking

7. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I see the constant warnings as a good way to get the masses inline...the cows will follow the loudest moooo all the way to the slaughter. I forsee more undercover controls generaly electronic.
    Like monatoring bank,ATM, DEBIT, and Credit card transactions....so wwhy you buying all that ammo boy...some form of national ID card will emerge...for our safty of course...face scanning of public places via camras and if we accept this then a sort of North Star type system on all cars...so we will be able to locate terroris of course. Then the goverment will know were we are...what we buy and who we talk/type too.