close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lets hear some stories

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tommy, Aug 18, 2002.

1. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i know they got a bunch of people out there that have had first hand exsperience with the ak 47 in combat. (vietnam) for example. does the ak round do more damage than the m16. you guy's seen it first hand . hell lets hear some stories about any gun in combat.preferably 5.56 vs 7.62. maybe you seen some one take a reallylong distance shot in combat with one of the two . tell you'r story i would like too hear them.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2002
  2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I'd rather not...but it does just as good a job as the M4...

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

My Dads' buddy saw 3 tours in 'Nam. He was Spec Ops and saw action in the Iron Triangle and Da Nang. He carried an AK on patrol, against orders. He said the worst the Army could do was send him to Viet Nam, and since he was there, he wanted to make sure he came home alive. He considered the M-16 a joke for the type of warfare we were involved in over there. He said the M43 round was very effective for jungle warfare.Plus, he said, the VC had trouble telling if they were geting hit by freindly fire or not and were a little hesitant to shoot back, which gave his team time to withdraw.
    I met a truck driver when I worked at Wal-Mart who had been hit by an AK at close range in the forearm. It looked like someone had taken a spade and dug a trench in his arm. He said that even though the round hit his arm, he was in grave condition because of the shock for 3 days before being upgraded to critical condition. He now owns one because if he has to shoot someone, he wants to make sure he faces no survivor in court.
    I can't find a much better argument for the 7.62x39 over the .223.

4. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

thanks for the info calvin.i had an uncle in the army. and he got shot up pretty bad i think it was vietnam .he took a few rounds in the gut but he made it though and came home. i think it was an ak.his family never could get him to go camping after that . he always said i done enough camping out to last me a life time. he went on to become a sheriff's deputy and then later on he made warden of the local jail. he past on about ten years ago of a massive heart attack. i got all the respect in the world for him. and all the others that gave so much for this country.

5. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

In Beriut 1983...I watched Muslims...men, women and children uses and abuse the AK with almost recless abondon and the things kept working. I seen children playing in the streets with them and useing them