Gun and Game Forum banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

Model 700 VTR .22-250 w/ Leupold VX III 4.5-14-40mm scope

Model 700 BDL .270 WSM w/ Bushnell Sportview 4-12-40mm

Not pictured-
Model 700 Classic .243 w/ Leupold VX III 4.5-14-40mm scope
Model 700 ADL 30.06 w/ Leupold VX II 4.5-14-40mm scope

M-700 in .308

Shown here sporting a Holland Brake & Vortex Level.

Best group to date at 500YDS was just under 2" with 168gr A-max. I bought this gun for prairie dog hunting and the occasional varmint or deer. I've had a great time learning everything it takes to accurately shoot at longer distances than most. A great platform for learning technique and ones limits.

Attachments

I got an old 22-250 Rem 700 BDL for $180 at a gun show.
I got a Choate stock for $40 at a gun show.
I got a take off Krieger barrel with muzzle brake off the intenet for $150
I got an IOR scope and rings off the internet for $600
I had the Harris bipod lying around.
I had the 6mmBR reamer lying around.

I took it to the range and shot 5 groups with it a couple years ago. I may shoot it again some day.

Attachments

My Friend Ron shooting his 7x64 Brenneke. A very nice not often seen rifle that Remington built for hunting and it was used as a sniper rifle. very popular in the UK, pretty rare in The States.

Wilhelm Brenneke is the caliber creator. In 1917, Brenneke necked his unsuccessful 8x64mm down to 7mm and achieved major commercial success. it is good for larger game such as boar, red deer, moose and brown bear. The 7x64 Brenneke typically fires a 154 grain bullet at 2,900 FPS generating 2,900 foot pounds of energy.
my friends Dad worked at Remington, and was fortunate to get this one for his son, who has taken many deer with it. he also likes funny looking hats, lol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jRKuTAXPxY]Remington Model 700 in 7x64 Brenneke - YouTube[/ame]

Just bought my first r700 today on gunbroker. It's black and green in .300 Win mag. I'll post some pics as soon as it ships.

700 VTR .308 with Nikko 6-24x56

Bought this from a friend of my dad's. The guy was an Army Sniper during Desert Storm and says this is one of the best factory .308s he's ever shot, so I snagged it up and he cut me a deal. He ended up buying another one.

Attachments

700 VTR .308 with Nikko 6-24x56

Bought this from a friend of my dad's. The guy was an Army Sniper during Desert Storm and says this is one of the best factory .308s he's ever shot, so I snagged it up and he cut me a deal. He ended up buying another one.
Awesome! I'm jealous :yumyum:

If I already posted this here, I aplogize. This started as a used Remington 700 in 30-06, black synthetic stock and a Harris Bipod. There was also a scope that was broken.

Added a Shilen barrel and Choate stock. Replaced the broken scope with a Bushnell that was adequate, then replaced that with a Vortex. Shown is the Bushnell. Still in 30-06, it has become my everything but rabbits and squirrel gun.

I have had 3 over the past several years, the first was a SPS 30-06 followed by a left handed SPS varmint in .223 that was a sweet rifle but I found one in .308 with a much more handy length so I traded the .223 for this bad boy. The only thing I am thinking about changing would be replacing the Hogue stock with a nice wooden one, just because I prefer wood and steel on my finer weapons

There are two groups shot on that target, the bottom group was 5 rounds with Hornady 168gr HPBT Match ammo and the 2 holes on top were Remington Core-lok ammo just so I could see what the shift in POA/POI would be.

Attachments

I finally got me a .308, took her out today and did some long range shooting with it. 935 yards. I tell ya what this stuff is FUN!!!

Here is a video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEx8zvY3VMo"]935 Yards - YouTube[/ame]

Eye candy

81 - 100 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.