Leupold warranty

Discussion in 'Optics' started by Jellybean18, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Jellybean18

Jellybean18 G&G Newbie

I traded a scope I had for a Leupold vari-x III 2.5-8x36 last week and it seems that the scope won't hold it's zero. He had it on a single shot .243 and he hated it, he said he could never get any groups with it. I thought it was just him/ the gun, so I jumped at the trade. Turns out, it really was the scope. My friend, a sheriff friend, and a state trooper friend have all tried using the scope on my rifle, with 4 different kinds of ammo. We used 2 different hand loads, 150gr Hornady superformance, and 165 gr winchester with nosler tip. None of us could get a group below 4". It's not the gun, bc I had 1" groups at 100yd with my old scope. The rings are "Weaver 1 inch Top Mount" and the gun store owner says he uses them on all his rifles, and they are very tight. I'm going to e-mail Leupold tomorrow, but I'd like to know what y'alls experience with their customer service has been? I haven't been able to find the vari-x III on their website, just the vx-3, which I take is different? So assuming that mine is discontinued, and they can't repair it, would they just send me a vx-3?

2. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

If it is a Real Leupold , They will normally fix it and send it back free of charge...I have 2 of those same scopes and they work just fine..

3. Jellybean18

Jellybean18 G&G Newbie

yeah, I made sure to check if it was real before I made the trade

4. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

BY the way...I noticed on my Leupolds(I have a lot of them) that when I make adjustments ,afterwards, If I tap the adjuster screw lightly once or twice with the screwdriver handle , it seems to "Seat" the Reticle and stays right on target...

5. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I think you will be well pleased with leupold Customer service. They will make it right for you.

6. Jellybean18

Jellybean18 G&G Newbie

dangit! i forgot to add in my post and email to Leupold; I laser boresighted my scope at 25 yards. I went shooting and made no adjustments. When I got home, I put the boresight in again and the scope was high left, VERY high left.

7. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Sounds like it has gone south on ya. Hopefully they will live up to their claims !!

8. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

What ever happened Jelly bean ?

9. Jellybean18

Jellybean18 G&G Newbie

The whole process was extremely simple. I didn't need any RA# or anything like that. I included a note with the problem, and My name/address. 2 weeks later it was sitting on my doorstep good as new! Unfortunately, I may have to sell it due to some unexpected bills :( I'm about to make a new post about that.