Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 336 in 30-30. It was bought by my Dad in 1957 at least think the year is right. 39A I bought it new in 1973 for about 70 bucks. Last a 39D that I bought this year.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have a 336 in 30-30. It was bought by my Dad in 1957 at least think the year is right. 39A I bought it new in 1973 for about 70 bucks. Last a 39D that I bought this year.
The 336 is my favorite "brush gun" and yours being my birthdate(!) would be prized. The first "lever" that was brought into our household was my 9422M in 1973 to take care of the "coyote" problem. It did with aplomb. Congrats on your 39D this year and I think about every Marlin 39A owner when I hold my own 39A Annie Oakley!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone here use any of the hammer extensions? Particularly on a scoped Henry H001? Or will a set of tall see-thru scope mounts allow for enough clearance between the hammer and the scope for de-cocking?

Thanks

·
Registered
691 Posts
I currently have 2 levers, a 92 saddle ring in 38/40 - made in 96 and a 94 saddle ring in 30/30 made in 98. I want 2 more, a Marlin 39A Mountie and a 22 mag in either a Win 9422 or a Henry.
While my preference for most firearms are self loaders, I most definately like the lever guns!
Sarge

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
I have had shot a family members Marlin model 56 levermatic.
I used to own a Winchester model 255.
Admired the Remington nylon 76 lever.
Drooled over a Ruger 96/22.
And always wanted to see a real live in the flesh Noble 275.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

All leveractions and none with an exposed hammer.

·
Banned
222 Posts
I do love the .22 rimfire in lever action. Come to think of it I like the lever action period and have many center fire rifles in levers so I guess that makes me lever happy.

Anyway, here are my .22 rimfire levers:

Marlin 39A Annie Oakley (recent find!):

Winchester 9422 and 9422M (the Magnum has the scope and is a 1974 Winchester, the top one is the "Tribute" I made the plunge for when I found out Winchester was stopping production--it is in .22LR):

The Tribute in its box just after I brought it home a few years back:

I had a nice Henry at one time but no more--it was in .22 Magnum and it was a very fine rifle:

I sold the Henry H003 (Golden Boy) because I needed the money--I had absolutely no problems with it but between it and the Winchesters there was no contest on which lever "had to go" to bail me out!

I've had the Browning BL-22s and I can't remember what else. Those are fine rifles as well.

In this age of the semi auto madness I find myself wanting to spend more money for a classic lever. The only autoloader I like is the Browning--had one of those but it didn't stay around. Mostly because I feel better with a rifle that has an exposed hammer and a manual action.

Let's see your levers!
That's Very Nicee It looks like it's good at shooting.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts