Liar, liar Pants On Fire

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by blueice, Sep 17, 2010.

1. I had always wondered why some of my pants "fit" and others did not...

Where is con-gress or the Consumer Protection Board...?

CARPE DIEM: Your Pants are Lying to You: "Vanity Waist Sizing"

Your Pants are Lying to You: "Vanity Waist Sizing"

[​IMG]

According to Esquire Magazine, many retailers are lying to consumers about waist sizes in order to make them feel thinner and more likely to buy their clothes. The worst offenders? A pair of Old Navy pants labeled as size 36 were in fact 41 inches, a pair of size 36 Dockers were actually 39.5 inches, and Haggar and Gap were both selling 39 inch pants as size 36. CBS Sunday Morning featured a story today about the trend towards "vanity waist sizing."

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

my problem is just the opposite, pants that seem to have shrunk between the store and home.:boggled:

3. ...:chairfall:...:chairfall:...:chairfall:

Stop leaving them on the manifold...

4. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

I never buy clothes without trying them on first.

5. Tigercat200

Tigercat200 G&G Evangelist

The ladies have had to try clothes on for years. The last couple of years or so men have, too. What a pain. Now I have to go shopping and I really hate it.

6. Never_Evil

Never_Evil G&G Evangelist

I am a fat body and have no problem admitting it. I have to try on different pants to make sure they fit, otherwise I am just wasting time going back to the store exchanging them.

7. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My pant size is accualy 4" larger than my waist because I carry IWB...:biglaugh:

8. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    Even worse than this is/was the elimination of odd inch lengths in pants.

I used to buy 33" long pants. Now, I can only get 32" (too short) or 34" (too long) pants.

It would not be a big deal to get 34" and hem them up, but it is almost impossible to make the same kind of hem on blue jeans as what comes from the factory.