close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Liddy Dole

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SPOCAHP ANAR, Mar 24, 2002.

1. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

If you recall Liddy is running for the Senate seat in NC vacated by Jesse Helms. I use to be her most ardent supporter until she did two things:
    1) Said that "You don't need ak47's to hunt with" (this prompted a boo from her fundraisers during a dinner)
    2)Went on the Rosie show

These two things cost her my support and most likely the nomination.

Now recently I went to the HCI site and lo and behold they had listed Liddy on the "Time Out Chair" page. This is for those that prevent gun control laws or support gun affiliated groups. Well if they don't like her then she must be good for me.

Does anyone know exactly what she did to pee off the HCI group! It is expected that she will win the seat in NC. I just hope she has an understanding of the constitution now.

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Is he talking about Gordon Liddy, or Libby Dole?

3. SPOCAHP ANAR

Elizabeth Dole

Elizabeth Libby or Liddy I've heard all three. Come on do you really think G gordon would go on the Rosie show and agree with her on gun control?

4. jgang

jgang G&G Newbie

Why would you hunt with an AK?

5. SPOCAHP ANAR

Hunting-nope not the point

It doesn't. Her quote was something like "You need sensible gun laws You don't need an ak47 to hunt with or to defend your home with."

In other words she is illiterate on the meaning of the second ammendment of the constitution.

6. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Elizabeth Dole was the most liberal of all Presidential candidates in 2000 next to only John McCain. The fundraiser you mentioned was in New Hampshire in early 2000 during the Pres. primarys. This was the fundraiser where she also said "no person needs a concealed weapon for any reason..." also drawing boos. When she decided to run for Senate, the GOA or Grassroots N.C. (it escapes me), asked her in a letter what her stance on gun control was. It was in the response to the letter that her stance changed, saying she was a strong supporter of the Second Amendment... this may be what got HCI hot.
    I think the state of NC will choose Dole as their senator. She has the money, charisma, and the backing of Bush who won there by a landslide. The Democrat who will run against her will be that Bowles guy... a Clintonite. I think Dole is the clear choice to replace Helms in NC. I am wary of those who change their position for politics.

Jesse

7. SPOCAHP ANAR

Thanks Jesse

Thanks for the info. I too be worry of the guy with two faces. If she hasn't changed she will be notified in six years of her errors.

Funny you mention E Bowles. Listen up you will find this funny. while Bowles is running he lists in his add his accomplishments; while he lists his position in the white house he seems to leave off that it was the Clinton White House he worked for.

You would think that if Clinton is the Best pres since.... BLAH BLAH BLAH like the dems say. Then why doesn't he run on that?