close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lieberman's Heading Up the FBI Would Not Be Good News for Us

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Cyrano, May 19, 2017.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I call your attention to this report:

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/FBI...il_job=1731794_05192017&s=al&dkt_nbr=efowuvkx

He's a longtime anti-gun politician. When Joe Lieberman was in the Senate, he was one of the clowns who voted to pass Slick Willy Dickwad's infamous 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. He has said that he supports the Fallen Throne Malloy's efforts to regulate (which inevitably leads to "confiscate") modern sporting rifles in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Connecticut. And he's a trimmer, as well; when he ran as Gore the Bore's Veep candidate in 2000, he simultaneously ran for another term as Senator from Connecticut, so that if the ticket he was part of sank, he would remain afloat on the political sea. What does that say about his character, apart from a lack of it?

Although he claims to be an independent, he was for decades a hardcore Democrat. I do not regard him as trustworthy. He is a career politician. He has no background in law enforcement. I regard him as altogether unqualified to take over the FBI, and Donnie Boy would do better to pick someone else. Sheriff Don Clark from out wwest would be an excellent choice. Or maybe former Sheriff Joe Arapaio. Or Preet Bhahrah, would would be a really good fit there. But a law enforcement professional, not some career political hack!

Crazy 8, jwrauch, blaster and 4 others like this.
  2. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner Forum Contributor

He also made the statement: "The President should have the same control over the internet that they have in China." just before his legislation intended to do exactly that was voted down.
    Note: Obama issued an executive order that put a lot of those "rules" in place anyway.

Crazy 8, jwrauch, Rave and 1 other person like this.

3. dhermesc

dhermesc G&G Evangelist

Because the FBI needs a career politician to head it?

Rave and PAPA G like this.
  4. Growing up and coming of voting age in Connecticut, there was a reason the man was known as The Leiber Monster. As early as 1970 when he was elected to the CT Senate, he was trying to push his personal beliefs onto the people of the state.

I was afraid of him being in any position of power then, and the thought of him being appointed Head of the FBI terrifies me no end.

Here's Wiki's biography of The Lieber Monster...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lieberman

Crazy 8, jwrauch, CountryBoy and 2 others like this.
  5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Here I thought Trump wanted to drain the swamp, instead of adding more swamp water!

Crazy 8, jwrauch, CountryBoy and 2 others like this.
  6. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

Key democrats are against him,doubt he gets it

PAPA G likes this.
  7. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Joe Arpaio... that guy has had and still does have so many monetary misappropriation and public corruption's cases going on he would never make it.

And Im not even talking about liberal media pokes at him for being hard on criminals or BS racial profiling etc beingtough on illegals...

im talking about serious misuse of millions and millions of tax dollars for vacations and trips etc, using police resources to target political opponents, having his own special units entrap some citizen into a fake assassination plot against himself for media coverage, etc etc etc...

There is a very big and very long and ongoing really dark and shady side of him that most people are not aware of.

Preet Bhahrah, the guy that Trump fired who half this forum ridiculed in a previous thread for not tendering his resignation and who several more members here went after for the simple fact that he was an Obama appointee, despite the fact that he has drained more corrupt politicians (including other democrats) than Trump so far has....

I do like Sheriff Clark though.

DWFan, PaleHawkDown and PAPA G like this.
  8. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Back in the day he was known as "Lieberman the liarman" the name fitted then and still does,he was a liar then and still is and is not to be trusted.
    Hmmm, just what they want to run the show,more Oblola types in power. :usa2::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Crazy 8, jwrauch, Big Dog and 2 others like this.
  9. Yep. We called him that, too.

jwrauch, PAPA G and Rave like this.
  10. PAPA G

WOW can't be all that bad! The Libs at D.U. are flipping mad about it! :rolleyes:

11. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

They are insane to begin with, and we can't go by anything they say or do.

Rave and PAPA G like this.
  12. Yes he can. Even when my political views were still forming I knew Liebermonster was a threat anyone who might disagree with his agenda. He managed to frighten conservatives and liberals, which took true talent.

I'm trying to remember some of the lunacy he was pushing. When I get on my laptop I'll do some digging and share the links.

Big Dog, Rave and PAPA G like this.
  13. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

However they may "agree" to vote for him if they get some concessions from the majority in return. So don't be surprised at anything that happens if his name is put forward.

PAPA G likes this.
  14. Will wonders never end!!!

PAPA G likes this.
  15. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Thank God!!

MoDoc and PAPA G like this.
  16. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Hmmm,I dunno but I would not have thought that the liarman would have been Trumps' pick over others,oh well.... :confused::confused::confused:

PAPA G likes this.
  17. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Well, if Liarman has refused the position, then no problem.
    Hopefully the next prospect will be a better class of political appointee.
    I would think someone from in the FBI, who knows how they work, would be best. But, they never asked me...... ;)

blaster, PAPA G and ncnascarlady like this.
  18. PAPA G

Wondering who the next choice would be? Hopefully some one that knows the job and is on our side!