close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lifecard .22

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by john_r, Aug 6, 2017.

1. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    PAPA G likes this.
  2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Faintly reminiscient of Scaramanga's "Golden Gun", without the bling.

PAPA G likes this.

3. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

$399?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!??!?????????????????

Good luck with that! Anyone stupid enough to pay that price for it is too stupid to own a gun.

4. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    The price was off-putting. I'd certainly wait for a used one, after the original buyer realizes it's useless. :D

Jaison, PAPA G, Big Dog and 2 others like this.
  5. Big Dog

An NAA Mini Revolver is cheaper and more reliable.

6. Hmm... thinking for just a few dollars and some effort you could make a Zip gun... Heck for that price you could darn near make a bushel basket full of them!

shanebrews, Jaison and PAPA G like this.
  7. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Don't know about stupid, however if some one has the desire for one and has deep pockets they can buy what ever they want!

Jaison likes this.
  8. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Conceptually, this "pistol" is the descendant of the Office of Strategic Service's Stinger pistol. It was issued to OSS agents and a limited number of military officers. It was designed to take advantage of a tailoring curiosity of certain suit trousers and all US Army military dress trousers: the fob pocket, which held the pocket watch that used to be the standard watch until World War I or so, when the wrist watch appeared. About the size of a golf pencil, the Stinger fit tightly into the fob pocket and would get past a quick frisking or a casual pat-down by a police officer. It was cocked by lifting one section of its frame, and fired by pushing it back down. This fired the single cartridge in it, basically a .22 WMR. It was intended to be used at skin-touch range in a situation where one shot might mean the difference between life and death.

According to Stanley P. Lovell in his book Of Spies and Stratagems, the Stinger saved the life of at least one OSS agent who was captured by the Gestapo in 1944 after D-Day. The Nazi handcuffed him hands forward, put him in the back set of his car. and on their way back to headquarters for interrogation the Gestapo agent stopped at a bar to get a drink. He left the OSS agent alone in the back seat with his driver sitting behind the wheel. The OSS agent got out his Stinger, cocked it, leaned forward and shot the driver behind the ear. He got out of the car, shoved the dead driver aside, and drove back to the Allied lines as fast as he could.

This "credit card pistol" is obviously intended to fulfill the same role.

MosinRuger, PAPA G, blaster and 2 others like this.
  9. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

I'll stick by my Freedom Arms .22, 22 mag. and Kolb baby hammerless revolvers thanks.

10. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The price is way off for a single shot.

blaster and Ten Man like this.
  11. Big Dog

In the "tween wars" era after WWI but before WWII, a German maker produced some teeny little pistols, the Lilliput pistols. They had tiny calibers, like 4.2mm and even smaller. They were intended for a lady's handbag. I think they'd simply PO the target.

shanebrews and PAPA G like this.
  12. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Not necessarily. If the thug is holding up the lady with a knife, which was common in the postwar era, in a "gimme all yer money scenario, she roots in the purse for her wallet, comes out with the Lilliput pistol, and shoots him in the eye. Then she runs like hell while the perp is either lying on the ground or spinning around in agony holding his eye. The idea is for the lad to get away.

Huey Rider, PAPA G and Big Dog like this.
  13. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Like I have always maintained, in a one on one situation, a magazine full of little ammo unloaded in the perps face would certainly give the perp something else to think about. :rolleyes:

14. Big Dog

I'd still prefer a good one shot stop.

15. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Evangelist

even a .45 doesnt guarantee that, its more likely but not a sure thing.

16. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Evangelist

looks cool, if only it were cheaper.

It says it's billet machined aluminum with a steel barrel, I wonder if it would be possible to make one out of polymer? maybe a little thicker but still very compact and slim, and if it could bring the cost down it might be worth it.

17. Kinda reminds me of Malkovich's pistol from 'In The Line Of Fire'

18. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    I've got a Phoenix Arms.22 Saturday night special that fits in my pocket and has never failed to fire. It's a 10 round SA and cost a little over $100.00.

Ten Man likes this.
  19. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

Its a odd bird that you can add to your mousegun collection.
    Who knows?
    Some day it could fetch allot for some collector. :D