Light and Short: What's the best?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Oct 7, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

In my quest to put an underbarrel pump shotgun on a battle rifle, I figured I'd ask if anyone could identify the shortest, lightest model out there.

My first guess would be Mossberg 500, which I have in 26" barrel (would get an 18" barrel). But are there others that are even lighter and have a shorter action?

Here's another issue: For a non NFA shotgun, the barrel must be at least 18" and total length 26". Now if the shotgun is not set up to be fired apart from the rifle, would the rest of the rifle count towards the total length, which would be well over 26" (try double that)? That could save a bit of hassle.

2. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    There have been Brackets in the past for Mod 500 Mossberg to fit under an Ar15
    What I have seen is in practice, the recoil of the shotgun will BREAK the front of the
    Ar15 LOWER RECIEVER.
    But it Looks cool.
    G3 I would suggest those37 mm flare launchers
    They are built just like the M203 just a little smaller
    At least those wont break your gun
    Good luck Pard lemme know what ya come up with

3. BattleRifleG3

I wondered how hard they would be on a gun. But remember, this is a G3, not a whimpy AR. Not that I'd do it unadvised either. One reason I'm thinking a G3 would be better to use than a FAL. Maybe a heavier shotgun would ease the recoil?

4. Mandy

Mandy FREE CITIZEN Forum Contributor

:assult: :assult: :assult: :assult: :assult:

I saw once a pistol grip for shotguns that they claimed it reduced recoil so much that you can fire the shotgun with one hand and no problems.
    I don't remember the brand or the site but if I find it I'll post it.

:assult: :assult: :assult: :assult: :assult:

5. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    G I dont know how you could mount it on a G3 type gun but if theres a will theres a way
    Good Luck and let us know how it goes

6. BattleRifleG3

Where there's a will and an engineer...

There's a way.

7. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I have a web site at home that I'll post when I get off work. They have info on this type of thing...