Lithuanian Police Goes Plastic

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Printed in Pravda..the USSR newspaper..ok I read weird stuff :)

2002-09-27 19:43:00

Lithuanian Police Goes Plastic (0)

Three hundred cardboard police officers started “workingâ€￾ in the city of Vilnius on pedestrian crossings. New “police officersâ€￾ represent cardboard silhouettes, they are the same size as human beings are. Cardboard policemen “wearâ€￾ police uniform as well. They are meant to discipline schoolchildren on pedestrian crossings near schools.

Lithuanian road police have tested another disciplining novelty this year. There is a life-sized plastic imitation of a police car on one of busy highways of Vilnius. The situation on the road has improved greatly.

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

One of our smaller villages had a man shortage problem a few years ago and put a "dummy" officer in one of their extra prowlers and parked it on the side of the road to slow people down. One night some kids found out it wasn't a real officer and got in the car and redressed the "officer" in one of their grannys dresses , complete with bonnet and lipstick! The Sheriff wasn't too happy but never found out who did it and no grannys reported any missing dresses!:D

3. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Our Sheriff parks cars on i-95..no officer or dummey in them....realy surprises me that people do steal the cars....course I did get a realy neat light bar for my Hynundi....but officer its a Korean Police car :)

4. NRAJOE

That would be great for chasing rickshaws Doglips!:p

5. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

...or taking to the circus. "Are you kidding, you can't be serious" (ha)

6. Tanasi

Tanasi Guest

One of the DJ's at a local rock and roll station taped several dounut boxes and coffee cups to the hood of the patrol car. The braged about it on the radio and got arrested on the air the next day. The sherrif here parks old patrol cars along side the roads trying to slow down motorists. Most folks don't pay them any mind.
    :spaceship

7. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

B4 you know it, cops will be carrying cardboard pistols.

8. NRAJOE

Just hope they don't get issued cardboard bullets!