close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Living Life to the Fullest

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Chris, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

No I haven't forgotten you great people here.

But I wanted to take the time, and remind some of you, that there is a giant world out there, some of you have seen it and some of you have not.

Some of you have jobs, and just can not go see the world, or you are too tired after work, I totally understand that.

But I mean, if there is someone you have put off calling, call them. You never know when that person may no longer around to say that to them. Life is too short to sit behind a computer all day if you can help it.

For me, it took the last 3 years to realize that, and I just hope I can point the mistake of my own, out to others so they will correct it before its too late.

Instead of being a ghostly figure, I am actually pretty tan now, and I didnt get that way from sun bathing! ;)

Also let me stress the importance of a good healthy life is to everyone, not only you but the others that depend on you.

Thank you for your time,
    God Bless,

Chris

2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Here's my philosophy of life

Chris: You know from my previous posts that I definitely feel that way, too. Life is certainly too short to not make amends now for anything you believe needs mending.

Also, take time to "smell the roses", if you know what I mean. There's a lot to experience in life and most of it can't be done behind a computer. Whenever possible work on your health, re-contact old friends, travel while your health is decent, and in general, work at doing those things you've put off till you retire, or get the time.

Prioritize these actions and chip away at them.

If certain hobbies are your main goal in life then do them now. Don't be blind to other opportunities, too, such as learning something new, or reading a good book, or visiting older relatives who are isolated, or traveling to far away places.

Sorry for the lecture. Didn't mean for it to sound like that but hope you got my point. At least that's how I try to live my life.
    Oxford:nod:

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Wish my boss would understand that there's more to life than work. He acts like it's a crime if I don't want to work on my day's off.

4. Chris is right.

Smelling the roses my be different to different people.

For example, before I retired nearly three years ago it was work...work...work.

Now, with my wife still working (and will be for about another seven years) I enjoy staying near home and working around the property. To me that is my smelling the roses.

I enjoy an occassional game of golf and a trip to the lake with the boat......things that I couldn't have as easily done before retirement.

We manage to make two long trips each year.....some back east to see my folks....some to Hawaii.....others to Cabos, etc.

But, I agree...take the time to enjoy life while you can...you never know what the next hand will be dealt to you is like.

I realized a long time ago even the 'friends' you make at work more than likely will not be life long friends. Cherish the few REAL friends you have....those are the ones who will forgive and understand you when no one else will.

BTW......the last rose I smelled had a bee in it, lol.