Ljungmann Ag42b

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dale, Oct 11, 2002.

1. I have been looking at the Ag42b semi-auto and was wondering if anyone out there thinks it's worth the investment and the quality of the gun?

I have not seen one in any store in the Arizona area as yet.

I have seen some in the Shotgun News and on a few sites but it's difficult to tell what the condition of the rifles are, in general. I mean, are most in just good condition....are there excellent condition out there?

I also see where they run from the low $300s to higher $300 and I'm not sure if that is the going rate or if that's a bit too much, etc.

I found a site that was selling used magazines and they were around $55 each...ouch!

Thoughts will be appreciated.

2. Jesse

Jesse Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17 Forum Contributor

Doug Bowser says the Swedish Ljungmann is the most accurate semi-auto battle rifle ever developed. I personally own one, and I have to say that it is one fine rifle. You can expect 1 MOA as a rule from an excellent barrel. 129gr. and 140gr. ammo is basically what is around on the domestic side. 140gr. Winchester is the ticket for deer. Hornady makes a 129gr. light magnum... but that round is mainly for bolt actions and not reccomended for semi-autos. If you find a Ljungmann for $350.00 GRAB IT! All of the ones I have seen lately are over $500.00. Kevin Carney of North China Arms usually has one for sale: http://www.armscenter.com/nca/
    If you inquire, ask him about accessories and parts beacuse he knows how to find them. Kevin also has excellent quality rifles for sale unlike the risk you may take elsewhere. I wouldn't worry about mags. The Ljungmann is fed with Swedish stripper clips used in the 96's and 38's. The mag release is not tactically feasible for a quick change. If you load a Ljungmann with strippers... HAVE THE SAFETY ON...! A Ljungmann, like a Hakim, can make a Garand thumb look like a papercut!
    I highly reccomend getting a Ljungmann. The prices on these rifles will only continue to rise. They are highly collectable and wonderful shooters.

3. Klaus

Klaus Guest

The 6.5 mm round is incredible at long ranges. It is possible to make 1000 yard shots with it!

4. Jesse...Klaus,

Thanks mucho grande!

You guys come through, as usual.

I know the 6.5 x 55 is considered one of the finest rounds ever developed. My M96 is incredibly accurate.

Once again, thanks, guys.