Logging Protester Dies In Fall

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Logging Protester Dies In Fall
    Victim Found By Loggers Who Heard Moaning
    Posted: 4:51 p.m. EDT October 10, 2002
    Updated: 5:39 p.m. EDT October 10, 2002

CORRALITOS, Calif. -- A logging protester has died after falling 50 feet from a California redwood tree.
    The man was found by loggers who heard moaning in an area where a group of tree-sitters had been camped since August.

The protester -- who hasn't been identified -- was with the Earth First! environmental group.

The group said that he'd been living in the tree near San Jose for several weeks -- but that it was his first ''tree-sitting'' experience.

Tree sitters can spend months camping on platforms in old growth trees, calling attention to the environmental effects of logging.

Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

oh well!!! the next time he'll tie himself in so he don't fall out. OOPS!!! what next time? heh heh heh :D

3. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Huuuummmmmmm!!!! I'm getting ready to set up my deer hunting tree stand tomorrow. I'll keep this story in mind and install seat belts, safety lights, and bells.:D :nod:

4. He got his wish!

Howdy,

welp, the fool got his wish, when he fell out of the tree, he hit the "Earth First"!!!!!!

I know, bad form but hey, life sucks sometimes, you know?

Truly though, even though an adversary, I am sure somewhere there may be a Mother and Father who lost a child, and they have to deal with him going stupidly, if not with panash, and a bit of irony.

5. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Sometimes they need a little help to fall ...